Calling JohnB62 or anyone else who can help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2001, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calling JohnB62 or anyone else who can help!

Hi, I too have a 97 F150 4x4 and I believe the stereo is a premium setup. Is your amp down in back of the heat controls?? I want to install a line level converter to add an amp but I don't know what color the speaker outputs are from the head unit (not the speaker wire colors out of the amp). Do you know what these colors are right at the plug to use as a right and left speaker output?? Any help will be appreciated.

Old 11-11-2001, 10:52 PM
I don't personally know what the colors of the wires are, but there is a way to find out.
Go to Circuit City or Best Buy and get a wiring harness. Just like you would if you were going to install a new radio. Match the speaker wires out of the new harness to the wires in the factory harness, and you have all the wiring info you need coming out of the factory unit. If you don't open the package or tear it up, you can return it and get your money back!

Old 11-13-2001, 09:09 PM
Thanks adam, I have already thought about doing that and if no one canhelp me out here, I am going to do it. I will probably keep the harness incase I plan on adding an aftermarket HU (after I upgrade the factory speakers). I may need the aftermarket HU from what I hear...adding subs sometimes makes the factory cd changer skip all the time Anyways, thanks to the two members who replied. -Matt

Quick Reply: Calling JohnB62 or anyone else who can help!