i know someone can help me out here.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy i know someone can help me out here.

help me if you can, what would be a good cd player besides the factory one, that would sound good with the factory speakers?help me out guys, don't leave me hanging!!!

Old 10-30-2001, 01:27 PM
JW - after reading many posts here, I would have to say in most people's opinion, you would be better off to replace the speakers rather than the cd player. These factory speakers, as with most factory speakers, SUCK!!!!! Don't even think about putting any bass through them. I really don't think you are going to get any head unit that will make these low quality speakers sound good. Just my thoughts.

Old 10-30-2001, 03:58 PM
I have to agree with LightningCrew on this one. If you're on a tight budget (like me), change the speakers first.

Old 10-30-2001, 04:10 PM
Thumbs down Paper Bag Speakers

Get rid of those brown paper bag speakers.

Old 10-30-2001, 04:15 PM
lar
I've found that when you replace the cd player it does make the factory speakers sound much better, but when you get new speakers you'll be thrilled with the improvement in sound quality! Ford's speakers are paper pieces of crap.

Old 11-14-2001, 07:12 PM
Cool

I must agree ... speaker upgrades are by far the cheapest and most noticeable thing you can do. I always upgrade my systems and the dog turds that the factory gives you are always the first things to go.

Don't forget, an amp can work wonders for a system and will not only increase the sound level (DUH) it will also clean up the sound a great deal.(Just one more thing to think about, as if you needed another!)

Old 11-14-2001, 07:22 PM
Definitely go with the speaker upgrade. I took the stereo out of my T-bird and had the stuff sitting in my garage waiting to be aquainted with my new truck. Need to scrape together some cash before I get a new box and multichannel amp so I just threw in the speakers (pioneer 5x7) and continuted to use the OEM dash. What a difference! I actually have some bass response but nothing like the subs in the T-Bird. I think you can get get the Pioneer speakers cheap ($150 for 2 sets of the 3-way model). When I get a new multi channel amp I will probably switch to components.

Old 11-14-2001, 07:35 PM
One more thing, don't be afraid to take your time looking for the right gear at the right price. Stay away from the off brands at the swap meets and flea markets as they will only lead to frustration and disapointment.

Old 11-15-2001, 07:12 PM
Agreed. There are many web sites that have good quality stuff for about 30% less than a retail store.

Quick Reply: i know someone can help me out here.