Power Supply Opinions for Multiple Amps

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2001, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Supply Opinions for Multiple Amps

Curious. I am going to put in (eventually) 3 amps into my F-150. I am curious as to the setup and brand opinions that people on the board use for these setups.

I am planning on running a 4-guage line from the battery to a fuse, and then on back to a 3-way distribution block, followed by 8-guage line to the actual amps. What do people on here use for these parts? I know that Phoenix Gold has some fancy ones, but I don't know anyone that has actually used their stuff.

Thanks for any help you have to offer,

ALOSTTXN

Old 10-29-2001, 02:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am about to run all PG. I have been searching for two months to put a PG power system together to match the amps and cap.
If you go with the XS or one of the lower lines, you can put everything together in one shot, if you have a PG dealer nearby. I personally chose to go all titanium with the ZX series connectivity. It is some badas$ *****!!! I have everything I need now with exception to the 1/0 gauge powerwire.

My plan are as follows:

Dual Yellow Top Optimas with a 1/0 wire about 8" into a 200 AMP wafer fuse then routed on to the rear wall of the cab on the exterior. Into a Titanium digital fuse block (3 1/0gauge in, 4 4gauge out) one 4 gauge to the cap for the 600.2 and the other to the 500.4.

If the PG is a little pricey, look at the Lightning Audio line. I hear they make some really good stuff. If I hadn't chosen PG's for the amps and cap, I would have gone to the LA.

Quick Reply: Power Supply Opinions for Multiple Amps