DVD PLayers as H.U?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question DVD PLayers as H.U?

Has anyone researched DVD Players for our vehicles, as a head unit. I almost bought a HU but found out from Best Buy that you actually need to buy the matching head unit to make the DVD w/screen compatible..For $2500.00 almost final cost.. If that's the case BIG SCREEN here I come..

Old 10-23-2001, 05:03 PM
What model were you looking at?

Old 10-23-2001, 09:42 PM
I was looking at the pioneer...

Old 10-24-2001, 09:17 AM
I am assuming that you were looking at the new Pioneer motorized screen that has the built in DVD player. The thing with Pioneer is that all of their motorized screens require an additional hide-away brain. There are three models I believe, but I'm not sure. You can go out to www.pioneerelectronics.com and they can outline all of them for you.
However, I recommend that you either go to a local specialty shop and buy from them or buy online. You can save quite a bit of money compared to what you'd spend at Best Buy. As for installation, if you can not DIY, I'd again recommend a local shop.

Old 11-03-2001, 01:30 AM
Rich,
I have the Pioneer AVX-7300 and AVM-8000 Hide Away master unit. If you are truly interested in these units let me know and I can hook you up with an excellent price The AVX is the motorized 7" LCD that mounts in the dash. The AVM is the hide away unit. I have my AVM, a Fosgate Amp, and 12 Disc Changer mounted under one side of the back seat of my extended cab. I will tell you this however. I am not a professional installer but I did install all of it myself. I HIGHLY recommend having previous experience with mobile audio installations before you attempt this.

Ken

Quick Reply: DVD PLayers as H.U?