Help! No sound at all

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2001, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help! No sound at all

I just got done installing a MTX 4250D and Thunderform and now I have no music at all. I think I hooked up everything correctly but still nothing. The HU comes on and I can see that the CD player is working but nothing is coming out of the speakers. I checked all the fuses on the main power line, the amp and in the fuse box of the truck and nothing is blown. I don't have a clue what to look for now. Help, please!

Old 10-21-2001, 11:25 AM
I had the same problem w/ a 60-amp monster cable fuse thats located in the engine compartment (goes from the battery to the amp power distro block). The fuse didnt appear to be blown, but the soldered ends of the fuse had gotten soft with the heat and it lost its continuity.

Old 10-22-2001, 08:11 AM
Thumbs up

I checked the fuse and there was no problem there. I called Circuit City and they guy there told me to hook up to the amp with a line level converter and RCA cables. He said they have problems when they hook into the speaker level inputs. I did what he told me and all was good in my world. Everything powered up fine and it sounds great. Now I'll have to look at upgrading speakers, more power.......

Old 10-22-2001, 09:21 PM
rtroha...

When you installed your line level converter, what were the colors of the four wires (left+/- and right+/-) did you splice into to hook up the LLC??? Just wondering, I need to hook my LLC up in my 97 but am not sure what the correct wires/colors are.

Old 10-23-2001, 03:41 PM
Unhappy Sorry

I can't remember what the wire colors were on mine. I threw the paper away that I had them written on when I got done. Your local Ford dealer can show you the wiring diagram at the dealership. I think they're specific from year to year so I don't think mine would be the same as yours. I spliced into my speaker wires under the door sills of the back doors and I put my LLC behind the back seat to keep it out of the way. I didn't want to have to pull my HU to put the LLC behind the dash. Not to mention the RCA cable I got was only 2 ft long and it was $20. I can only imagine what one that is long enough to go from the dash to the amp under the seat would cost. Good luck, you'll be happy when you're done.

Quick Reply: Help! No sound at all