Stereo adapter for Ford head unit

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2001, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stereo adapter for Ford head unit

Anyone out there bought an adapter to go from the stock 2001 Ford F150 harness to an aftermarket stereo head unit. I'm going to replace my stock "Premium Stereo" with a Rockford Fosgate RFX9000 and wanted to be able to plug into the stock harness and not have to cut it off then guess where all the wires go.

Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S. Anyone interested in buying my 4 week old Ford head unit and 6 disk CD changer? Email me at ttph@hawaii.com if you're interested.

Old 10-09-2001, 10:31 PM
I believe Crutchfield should have what you need. One was supplied with the stereo I bought from them.

Old 10-18-2001, 05:25 PM
i got one from circut city. the guy got it out of the back. i got my single din dash kit there too. im almost friends with the guy now so he helpes me out. he said we would pull my HU too but i am going to try to do it with a hanger.

peace

Old 10-18-2001, 06:30 PM
Here ya go....

I use to be a Sales & Install Mgr. at Circuit City,

They should have everything you need there, in the installation bay.
They should remove your stereo for you too, We did it all the time, for nothing,
FORDS only, excepts the ol TEMPO's they sucked, even though they had the holes for the keys, they rarely came out without a struggle.

Otherwise, go the local Advance or Autozone etc, they should have the FORD radio removel keys there for you @ about 3-4 bucks, if you plan on having your truck around awhile, this would be the way to go, just insert the keys and press each tool outward away from each other. DO NOT PUSH THEY KEYS ALL WAY IN, just to you feel ample resistance.

If you do go to CC to purchase your harness and install kit, try and talk the price down, they want 14.99 each for them, for little pieces of plastic, huh, they also have HUGE margin in them, only costs CC on average about 3-4 bucks each. So paying 10.00 for them or so wouldn't be a problem, I did it all the time to close the deal on a system.

Also, if your looking to buy a install kit for you car/truck you might want to do some research, they are alot of choices that may or may not fit the needs of your dash. CHECK THESE WEBSITES OUT:

www.metraonline.com
www.scosche.com

GOOD LUCK!

Nebraska Cornhuskers 45
Texas Tech Red Raders 17

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Stereo adapter for Ford head unit