Visteon CD6 Music System

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 01:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visteon CD6 Music System

Anybody know if I can stuff one of these bad boys into my Screw's dash with little or no mods? I sure like the the indash 6 cd changer w/ tuner and the large button's are nice for my hamhock fingers. I've seen a few websites offering them for sale at a little below what Ford would charge.

Old 10-10-2001, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fat B;
There have been some previous posts on this topic. Here are a few extracts I found on a search .... Best of luck....

"Sycoholic" wrote:
"I have installed these,and it won't fit right in an f-150. There is a bracket (plastic) that runs front to back atop where the radio installs. You have to cut this out. It will fit, and will work. After you take out the factory radio and try to install the CD-6 you'll see the bracket. Good luck, and have fun."

"Tim A" wrote:
"The Visteon CD6 (I work for Visteon in case some of you don't know me, I'm an audio engineer) does not have RCA jacks. If you have a 99/2000 F-series, Expedition, or Navvigator the radio will fit with some minor cutting inside the radio opening. The CD6 will work a factory CD changer (Pressing the CD button on the radio switches between the in dash player and the external cd changer) and the rear seat controller in the SUVs.

The in dash player is nice because it gives you direct disc access (press button 3 to go right to disc 3) and it will shuffle play across all cds loaded into the radio. The external cd changer will not shuffle across cds or let you access discs by pressing a number on the radio."

Quick Reply: Visteon CD6 Music System