FM Modulated cd chagers

Old 10-01-2001, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FM Modulated cd chagers

Does anyone have experience with fm modulated cd changers? Ihave a Pioneer cdx-fm673 model to install which has a wired controller. I'm not a music connoisseur but want another option in the cab. I will have it pro installed, but have second thoughts about possibly going to a wireless controller (less wire clutter ) So where would one place the led read out in either case? Thanks .

98 xlt sc 4x4

Old 10-01-2001, 12:49 PM
longbow

I placed my readout just to left of the stereo and directly behind the shifter(automatic). The wire harness feeds from under the trim surrounding the stereo/climate control area. I have a wireless remote with mine but have never used it.

Also, I placed the disk unit under my 60/40 seats.
It is actually velcroed and (32") wire tired to the bottom of the passenger seat. It is centered
over the floor hump. All I have to do is reach down to change out the disks. It doesn't touch the floor and moves with the seat.

Hope this helps

REDBUCK50

Old 10-01-2001, 11:12 PM
I have a Pioneer FM modulated changer (about 2 yrs old) that came with my truck. The wired contoller is mounted directly below the main radio and the wire is fed thru at the power out let point. The power and signal wires are all ran underneath the driver side door to the fuse box for power. I am actaully trying to sell this unit if anyone is interested, I am going to go buy a single disc in dash player. I'll take $100 plus shipping. I can get more details for you in morning. Email me at thomaswright5714@hotmail.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FM Modulated cd chagers