Just ordered system

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2001, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered system

I just ordered my system from TheZeb.com for my S'crew.

Blaupunkt Tokyo RDM159 and the IDC-A09 for 314.99. (Head unit and in dash 5 disk changer.)
MB Quartz QM215.03 5.25" Component speakers for the front and DKD157 5x7's for the rear doors.

Back in the 80's I use to install stereo's for a living. I am debating on tackling this or going to a custom audio shop and have them install it with some amps and sub's. I do not think I could bare taking the doors panels off, running wires, etc.

Any suggestions on Amps and Subs for the S'crew. I am 37 years old and married with two kids, so I am not looking for the most powerful system. I am looking for clean music with a good response from the base.

Old 09-13-2001, 04:30 PM
I've got two 8" JL subs in a custom-made box under the rear seat and a RockFord Fosgate Punch 400.4 amp with 200 watts (bridged rear channels) going to the subs. I also have Polk 6.5" separates up front, with each pair getting 50 watts from the amp. The subs hit very hard and deep and it might be more than what you're looking for. A single 8" with a lesser amp might be all you need. The amp fits perfectly under the front passenger seat--with the jack removed--and the end caps give it a clean look.

Bazooka and MTX have prefab boxes with subs and amps; you might want to check them out. Bazooka has a new bass tube with a built in sub amp and a 4 channel amp to power other speakers. And I also thought about doing this myself but instead took my truck to a shop and the results were outstanding and worth the extra $$.

How are you going to mount the changer? In the dash with the receiver? I know that's a tight fit and I've heard about others having to cut material behind the dash to accomodated two DIN-sized units.

good luck.

-boarder

Old 09-14-2001, 03:03 PM
Screwfun,

If you want more bass, forget about the 5.25's in the doors.
I just finished taken them out of my 2001 Lightning and put in 6.5"s. The big doors can handle 6.5's no problem.
See what I've done in the speaker section.

You can do a search on some audio-specific forums where other guys have found the same results.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: Just ordered system