Stuck on a decision

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stuck on a decision

Hey guys. I've read high and low around the interwebs about pros and cons about either audiocontrol or jl audio when it comes to their gear. I've got a build I'm planning right away and I'm really stuck on what I want to put in for summing/EQ etc. And maybe this has been beaten to death but I'm not really asking how to do anything, I'm just kinda looking for opinions from people who might have been or are in my situation.

Vehicle:
2013 F150 FX4 Eco with Sony System

Build items:

2- Kenwood Excelon KFC-XW1000F subs
Kenwood Excelon XR1800P comps for front
Kenwood Excelon XR1800 coaxial for rear
Kenwood Excelon XR900-5 amp

Here's the thing I'm stuck on. Because of the signal summing, poor EQ and all that jazz, I need someone to CONVINCE me why I should go:

Audiocontrol LCQ-1 or DQ-61

Or

CL-SSI and CL441 DSP with some sort of equalizer.

I really need convincing because I'm gonna have this truck awhile and I want a great system. And just so you know, both these options are in the budget.

Trying not to have a brand battle or anything, I'm just looking for input.

Thanks.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in the same boat. Just want to add more sound with better speakers and amps. I've been reading about the JBL MS-8, but not sure if it will solve the problem of getting signal from stock H/U to the aftermarket amps.

Old 05-02-2015, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For now I went with the LC7i. I'm gonna try that out for awhile. I don't see myself EQ'ing my system too much. Just see how that does and if it's not what I want I'll move up to the LCQ-1.

Quick Reply: Stuck on a decision