CD Changer Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2001, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CD Changer Problems

My CD changer seems to be on the fritz. When you put a magazine in and press the CD button on the head unit, you can hear it and see it pull the first cd and spin it then it won't read it so it moves on to the next cd. This contiues untills untill it is out of CD's then it says NO CD on the head unit, and puts me back to the radio. Do you think it might just need a cleaning or is it just fried? And yes I am putting the discs in right way up. Thanks for your help.

Old 09-05-2001, 02:22 PM
Rj,

The first thing I would try is going to walmart or some such and buy a $10.00 CD lens Cleaner, I have a Maxell but I am sure they all work pretty much the same. I bought it because I was having the same trouble with my home unit as you described and It did the trick. I now clean my home, truck and both my CD-ROM and CD-R/W on my computer at least once a month. The kit consists of a CD with what looks like a small brush that cleans the lens. Try it....

Ed

Old 09-05-2001, 04:20 PM
Yeah this is going to be my first plan of attack. Hopefully the battle won't last any longer than that.

Quick Reply: CD Changer Problems