Making the Cab quiter

Old 09-05-2001, 01:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Making the Cab quiter

I know there are a few ways for it to be done.
Here's the deal: I went to the local audio shop and he gave me a quote on some excellent stuff but to do the whole floor and back wall it was 1k!!! ouch! and I really have to think, would it make that much of a diff?

My question is, has anyone done anything to the outside of the cab, ie the underbody to deaden incoming noise? if so, what and how well did it work? Also, what kind of $$ am I lookin at.

Right now, it's not all that bad really, but when I hit the highway, I really have to turn the stereo up wich I'd rather not do. Doesn't help I have exaust and will soon add headers.

Thanks everyone,
BJAY

Old 09-05-2001, 01:56 AM
The only thing I have done so far is to undercoat the frame and underbody and that seemed to slighlty tighten everything up and very very slightly reduced road noise ( I'm talkin a very small amount) plus it looks good now too. I do not know what year your truck is but mine was a 97 and was starting to rust, so I wanted to prevent that. I plan on Dynamating my truck as $$$ allows. I think I have I will probably do the cab myself to save $ and let my installer do the doors when I have him put in new speakers. FYI here is a place that I have found Dynamat and radio gear to what seems to be very cheap. I know nothing about this company so I do not know what their service is like. Hope this helps

Old 09-08-2001, 01:13 PM
I'm having a new head unit and speakers installed in my Screw today & I'm having them install Dynamat in all four doors at the same time.

My cost: about $160 for the Dynamat to cover 4 doors and about $120 to install (installation is a bit less because they will already be working in the door to install the speakers).

The store recommended using Dynamat in the doors and floor for the most cost-effective noise solution. I'm going to have the floor done sometime in the future. You can also do the roof and other areas, but the store said that would be fairly expensive and result in a smaller noise reduction.

I'll let you know how effective the Dynamat in the doors is at reducing noise.

Steve

Old 09-08-2001, 01:20 PM
i wouldn't worry about that sound

that's to let you know you are driving an american vehicle, not some POS import

Old 09-10-2001, 01:23 AM
If you're interested in doing it yourself, you should check out B-Quiet, it's much cheaper!

http://www.b-quiet.com

Old 09-10-2001, 09:40 PM
I have heard b-quiet is fine for the cab floor but on doors and vertical surfaces it doesn't stay as well as Dynamat. But that's just a rumor I could be wrong. If price is the concern see if you can't get your dynamat from some place like www.carmedia1.com or www.thezeb.com or www.sounddomain.com. They have really good prices just don't know how well thier customer service and support is.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Making the Cab quiter