Found a cheap place for audio gear... The Zeb

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2001, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found a cheap place for audio gear... The Zeb

I found what may be a good place to buy audio gear at cheap prices. It's at www.thezeb.com. They have what seems to be some really good deals on stuff. THe only fact I do not like is that on most of their brands they say they are not an authorized dealer and if you have warranty work on something to send it to them and they send it in. Kinda fishy. Anyone bought anything here? If so how did everything go.

Old 09-04-2001, 06:48 PM
Wink

There's been good things said about them in the forums of www.carsound.com. Also, check www.carmedia1.com. I just ordered an Infinity BassLink and Kappa 5 x 7's from them, as it was about $25 cheaper than Thezeb. Carmedia1 is also a non-authorized dealer, so you get a year warranty from them.

Old 09-05-2001, 02:20 AM
Be sure you report how your order went with carmedia1, if you order from THe Zeb let me know how they do. Thanks

Old 09-07-2001, 09:38 AM
Angry

Carmedia1 called me yesterday, saying both items were out of stock, even though the website said they both were in stock. Oh well, not the first time that's happened. I guess I'll go with Thezeb. I'll let you know how it goes.

Tom

Old 09-10-2001, 07:10 PM
You should check out sounddomain.com they have the lowest prices. If you find something that is cheaper somewhere else you can e-mail them the website so they can beat that price.

Old 09-22-2001, 11:36 AM
heres another good site. they even match prices. www.buyloud.com

Old 09-22-2001, 03:18 PM
Just got my Infinity Basslink from www.thezeb.com. The unit was packed adequately and received two days after my visa was charged (UPS Ground). My only minor complaint is they didn't send a tracking confirmation. Otherwise, great place to do business with.

Old 09-23-2001, 07:52 PM
Bought my equiment from thezeb.com...

I am impressed with there service. I called my order in for their special on the Blaupunkt Tokeo and in-dash changer for $314. (I still cannot believe that price.) They call me back when they were putting the order together to ask if I wanted the remote. I bought the remote and MD Quart speakers. 5x7 for the rear $74. and 5.25 combo for the front $174.

The radio delivered in two days shipped from TN and the speakers took 4 days shipped from the left coast.

I have decided to stick with CD's and add the MP3 capability with the DVD unit. The Tokeo has input capabilities so that should not be a problem. I am waiting for the screen prices to come down a little more.

Last edited by screwfun; 09-24-2001 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-24-2001, 03:16 AM
tc_58

Glad to hear that TheZeb came through for ya. Guess it might be safe to order me a HU from them now that I know they have at least decent service, Sorry to use you as a lab rat. Thanks again for the report. Any opinions on a good HU. First I was thinking a OEL display Pioneer-heard screen fades in about a year, then thought well Alpine-heard buttons break in a short time. People have suggested Panasonic, JVC, Clairion, and Eclipse. In my mind I think the Eclipse or Clarion is going to be the better HU.

Old 09-24-2001, 08:49 AM
I just checked the prices of carmedia1 and the zeb, looks carmedia is waaay cheaper (less exspensive). I'm ordering later today!

Old 09-25-2001, 06:31 PM
Well, I lied. Thought I was going to buy from carmedia1 but ended up buying from crutchfield. The retail prices at carmedia are cheaper but when adding shipping and tax, turns out to about $50 more. Crutchfield gives a discount for packages, free wiring harnesses, free installation kit, no tax, and I believe the shipping was free too. I got another $25 off for beikng 1st time buyer. Ended up getting Sony Xplode ES XR-CA610x (I'm old school and still use cassettes), Sony CDX-T67 changer, precision audio amp. Already have custom box for under rear seat with kicker sub. Will TRY to install everything myself this weekend, 1st time. Wish me luck!
BTW already changed my door speakers to pioneer.(6895 front, 6865/75 rear)

Old 09-26-2001, 01:35 AM
baddgene

You make some very good points. There's is almost always some kind of forgotten cost with places like the zeb or carmedia1. Not to mention the fact of warranty issues and good old customer service. I have always like Crutchfield due to their detailed specs they list, how they include everything so you can do it yourself easily and how they stand behind you with serice. Heck looks like as much as you spent with them they would have given you 50 off, oh well 25 is better than none. I am thinking about a few HU's they carry and a few they don't. Good luck with the install, let us know how it turns out.

Old 09-26-2001, 01:41 AM
It actually was $50 off. $25 for buying the hu and changer, then the other $25 for 1st time.

Old 09-27-2001, 10:49 AM
Added cost

KYFordFreak

The only added cost with thezeb.com is shipping of $9 per unit. Crutchfield was 229 for the Tokeo and 229 for the IDC A09. I got both for 314 + 18 for shipping. I saved over $100. They might not be the cheapest on all the models, but if you can find one of their specials I do not think they can be beat. I am sold on thezeb.

Crutchfield has been around for a long time. I remember looking at their catelogs in the early '80s. Damn I am getting old. Some of the "Local" audio shops will match Crutchfield. I would have done it that way if I did not find the special on www.thezeb.com. I had to wait a week, but saved around $300 between the HU and speakers I found on special at www.thezeb.com.

All I am trying to point out is I saved a lot of money by buying at thezeb. I was hesitant about purchasing from them, because I never heard of them. I was satisfied with their sales service. I had Manufacturer certified installers perform the install so the warranty work (if needed) can be performed by the local company. I have not had any problems (knock knock), so I cannot comment on their service with issues.

Good luck with your choices.

Quick Reply: Found a cheap place for audio gear... The Zeb