Need a wiring harness for aftermarket deck....where can I get it???

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2001, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a wiring harness for aftermarket deck....where can I get it???

I've tried the local Circuit *****ty, and Radio Shack....no one has a harness for a 00' Lightning. Where can I find one on line? Does anyone have a model # or part #??

Thanks!

Old 08-20-2001, 01:35 PM
Ask for one for a F150

Most places do not have the "Lightning" listed in there systems because it really is just a model of F150. Ask for the non premium F150 sound system wiring harness and you should be fine. You can get it at Circuit Hell, Best Buy or online from Scosche industries. They are all about $15.00. I just got one from Circuit City and it works fine. I have a Lightning also.

Chris

Old 08-20-2001, 06:51 PM
Thanks CS.....Yeah I was finally able to find one yesterday @ Best Buy. It's kinda weird though....The kit came w/ 3 seperate (different) harness's, but there are only 2 on the back of the Stock deck???. The sales/Installation guy said that I would only use 2 of them....and he mentioned having to twist together two ground wires that came in the harness.

Not quite sure what that's all about.....I guess I'll try to figure it out as I go along. Hopefully I won't blow anything up!

Old 08-20-2001, 08:16 PM
I am pretty sure one is for the source unit and one is for the changer controls. I just installed a MP3/CD source unit that does not have changer control ability and I only used on of the plugs in the back.

Remember that if you are installing a new head unit you are going to lose the CD changer in the back. Apparently no after market head unit will work with it, not even Clarion who apparently makes the changer.

Good luck. I am hoping my dash kit gets here tomorrow so I can finish my install.

Chris

Quick Reply: Need a wiring harness for aftermarket deck....where can I get it???