Steering Wheel Audio Controls

Old 08-23-2014, 02:01 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have to be honest, I think its due the amount of humidity/moisture in this switches in our trucks, when my truck sits over night it does this on first thing off the get go, but if the truck is driven a lot everything works as should, esp when the cab is very hot inside like sitting closed up in a parking lot. About the only logical reason I can come up with.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capbyrd
I'm having the same problem and the dealership says that they can't replicate it

2012 F150 Steering Wheel Controls problem - YouTube
I signed up for this site just to add an answer to this question. I ended up here at this forum searching ford radio volume control issues about a month ago. I have a 2012 Ford escape with the same type radio control switches in the steering wheel. Starting around 20,000 miles about half the time when I pushed the volume control the radio station would change or track on my IPhone (I have an aftermarket radio). I reasoned the adapter I bought to make the steering wheel controls work with the aftermarket radio had failed thinking that was more likely than the steering wheel controls in a vehicle with only 20,000miles on it so I paid another $60 and bought a new adapter and still had the same problem. After seeing the video in Capbyrds post doing the same thing on a factory radio I knew it had to be the switch in the steering wheel so I ponied up $80 for a new switch and the problem is gone. It has been about 2 weeks now and I have not had the problem once and I use my steering wheel controls a lot. It is not that hard to replace once you figure out how to get the airbag off. I found a video on you tube show the airbag removal on an escape. The switch is just snaps in but it is hard removal and snap in (you will think you are going to break it). If you are not mechanically inclined I could not imagine a dealer charging much to do this. Having done it once I could do mine again in less than 15 minutes

Last edited by alajoe; 08-27-2014 at 06:43 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this reply is a year late, but my issue ended up being a bad clock spring.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Steering Wheel Audio Controls