OK, I took the radio out and popped the cover - 1 small torx screw. Didn't take pictures; I don't think it would have done much good to do so.
The CD unit is separate from the radio inside the box. There's 4 small torx screws holding it in. I pulled the CD unit out of the radio and carefully unplugged the ribbon cable connecting it to the radio (small tabs on the ends of the plug). This thing rivals the portable VHS recorders I used to work on in the 80's - levers and gears folded in on top of each other. Everything seemed to be jammed - no play in any of the sliding stuff. And there's no getting those discs out unless it decides to give them back to you, that's for sure. You would destroy both the changer and the discs trying.
At one corner of the changer box, there appears to be one motor that drives the changer. I took a small screwdriver and just backed off that motor's gear for about 5 minutes or so, not particularly easy. It seemed to take the tension off.
Then - and do this at your own risk - I plugged the changer ribbon cable back into the radio, and took the dismantled mess back to the truck and plugged it in. Holding the changer in my hand, I was able to cycle the changer a couple of times with the controls; the mechanism freed up and spit the discs out one by one.
I took the stuff back to the bench, lubed up what seemed appropriate with some lithium grease, and put it all back together. So far, it seems to be working as it was, but I'm not going to load it up with 6 discs again. . .
Bottom line, this is how I got them out, and am sure that I have 'fixed' nothing. I'm only going to put one disposable disc in at a time and not worry about it any more. I did beat the box though, and am takin' credit for that. LOL.
A bore is a person who opens his mouth and puts his feats in it.
- Henry Ford