How Do I Take The Rear Seat Out???

Old 07-11-2001, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How Do I Take The Rear Seat Out???

I WANT TO PUT MY AMP RACK BEHIND THE REAR SEAT. I WAS WONDERING IF I CAN TAKE THE PART THAT YOUR YOUR BACK WOULD LAY ON OUT WITHOUT TAKING OUT THE PART THAT YOU WOULD SIT ON OUT . IS THIS POSSIBLE?? WHAT TOOLS WOULD I NEED??

Old 07-11-2001, 09:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the back is installed like my 2000 F150 Supercab there are 2 metal wire brackets on the seat that slide into a slot in the rear wall of the truck. If you look about a foot in from each side in the gap where the 2 seats meet you should be able to see/ feel them. There is a little spot in the middle of the wall bracket that the seat part slides into that lets you push forward the seat part wire and releases the two(like a little wire catch). Mine were easy to find as they had black felt on them, push in on each side and the seat back just comes out. It slips right back in to but make sure all the hooks slide into each other first.

I found this out AFTER we had removed the bottom part to re-wire speakers and add amps . Would have saved much time in the lower seat removal if I had known beforehand. I`ve had the back out 2 more times and doing it like I mentioned above just takes seconds.

Old 07-13-2001, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the help. I will try that very soon.

Old 08-13-2001, 01:00 PM
Angry

2000FordStyle,

I found the felt covered wires, pushed them in towards the rear of the truck as far as I could. Now what? The seat still won't move. Is it supposed to lift upward? Swivel outward. What's supposed to happen next? Am I not pushing the felt in far enough? Help!

Thanks
Charles

Old 08-13-2001, 01:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
clentz,
When I did mine all I did was push the black felt part of the seat bracket in a little bit to get past the little catch on the cab mounted bracket. After that it was just a matter of lifting the back straight up towards the roof. There are other wires that slip into other brackets higher up but they don`t lock in or anything but do create a tight fit.
You might want to get a flashlight and look at the loop with the black felt on them and make sure they are pushing back far enough to clear the lip on the other bracket. If we were close by I could come help you

You can e-mail me at FordStyle@nc.rr.com if you need more help.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Mine has no felt and I have pushed in at the bottom, pulled out at the top. It still will not budge. Any suggestions?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How Do I Take The Rear Seat Out???