2004 F150 radio will not turn on

Old 08-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 F150 radio will not turn on

My 2004 F150 radio will not turn on. This happened after I pulled the radio out to install an aux audio adapter. I put the radio back in and nothing. The radio will eject a CD and you can set the time but that is all it does in my truck. I pulled the radio and stuck it into another Ford and it worked fine so the radio is good. I have power on pin 1 of the radio wire harness but nothing on pins 2 or 15 which should have power when the truck is in the run position. Fuses 7 and 22 are not blown. The grounds on pins 4 and 13 are fine. I swapped the accessory delay relay with a known good relay and that didn't help. So I am kind of stuck.

Does anyone have a schematic of the radio circuits? Or has anyone dealt with this problem or have an idea what else I could try?

I see alot of people that cant get their radios to turn off but none who can't get it to turn on. I should say this is and XLT with the new body style.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:31 AM
Fixed it. Problem was in the fuse panel. There is power at the fuse but not getting to the wire that leads to pin 2. So the fix is to install an external minifuse holder with a pig tail and splice into the wire under the dash. This bypasses the fuse panel and the circuit is still protected.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:16 PM
im having the same problem, but im not really good at all the electronic stuff... can u explain more in detail how to fix it? thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2004 F150 radio will not turn on