Jbl ms-8

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 08:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jbl ms-8

Ok...i ordered a processor but not sure how to get speaker wire into the doors....my truck has the plugs not the boots...Is there anyway besides removing the door and drilling new holes??..Will it work to just run the doors passive through the focal crossovers on all doors and only use 4 chanels ? I would really like to power the front tweets with the ms8 amp off 2 chanels and the front mids on 2 chanels through my RF amp...The rears can be passive off 2 chanels from RF amp and the subs off 1 chanel...May add a center speaker for the last chanel in the future....any advice appreciated...

Old 01-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Well its installed and starting to sound great......

Old 01-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Did you end up drilling new holes?

Old 01-25-2012, 11:11 PM
TK5
Looking good!

Old 01-26-2012, 12:45 AM
not yet......im running the door speakers as 1way through the ms8....looks like the only way to get the wires into door will be drilling..just havent got brave enough to do it yet...may take it somewhere and see what it would cost to have them drilled...

Old 01-31-2012, 11:26 AM
What most place will do is drill a hole in the molex plug. the best way to do that is to find an area on the Molex plug that isnt being used..then drilll a hole on both sides of the plug so that the hole lines up when the plug is clicked togetehr....the new wire will be fedd through the hole that you just drilled. If you cant find an area big enough on the molex to drill, you can move some of the existing wires...jsut make sure you move the corresponding side wire also

Old 02-02-2012, 11:03 PM
I bought an MS-8 as a Xmas present to myself but haven't installed it yet due to the weather and work obligations. There's a monster thread over on DIYMA that will take you about a week to get through but there are some great tips and tricks in there. One of the Harmon reps keeps up on that thread and provides a lot of good advice.

In my install I just don't have the room to add it to the back wall so I'm going to pull my main amp and try running everything off the built in amp including a center channel. I'm using Infinity Kappas which are quite efficient so bi-amping the fronts and running the center and rear fill off the built-in amp should be fine.

Where did you mount the remote screen? I'm thinking of maybe modding one of those Edge tuner pods that go by the A pillar if it doesn't fit in the ashtray. Mine is still sealed in the box so I haven't checked that yet.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:24 PM
have not mounted it yet.......i have it setting in the tray area just in-front of the shifter...stuffed a rag behind it to reduce vibration...i will mount it either in the sun glass holder or the little cubie hole on the right side of radio...opposite of where the brake controler is....looks like the perfect size.....

Quick Reply: Jbl ms-8