Hot CD's - any news

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2001, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Hot CD's - any news

Any further news on the Hot Cd problem with the radios, any TSB's out yet?

Old 06-27-2001, 07:35 PM
Your dealer, if prodded, is aware of a fix that is available. Unfortunately, the 'fix kit' has been running in very short supply. I've been waiting for one to become available for over a month. However, in checking with the dealer today they think that new kits will be coming in very soon.

Old 06-29-2001, 10:28 AM
Exclamation

THere is no TSB only a Dealer advisory bulleting that is only going to the FORD Authorized radio repair shops.

Have your service manager get in touch with his radio repair shop and hey should know all about it.

Got my CD replaced with the scond generation fan equipped player....and the previous post is correct. They are in very short supply.

Took 6 weeks for me to get mine.

------------------
2001 SCrew Lariat, 5.4L, 4x4, Arizona Beige, CD, Leather 60/40, Skids, Slider, 3.55LS, Tow Package, Block Heater. Future Mods: Plastic Bed Liner, Westin Chromed Stainless Step Bars, Front Hitch, Warn semi-hidden winch. Bed Cap. K&N Filter

Old 07-04-2001, 01:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I better get to my dealer soon since I only have about 4000 miles left on my warrenty so they can do what ever they have to fix my cd player from getting hot.

Quick Reply: Hot CD's - any news