6 CD-Disc Changer

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2001, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Kelly;
Welcome aboard f150online.com - - this is a great forum. I couldn't "email" you since there is no email address in your profile.
First off - - a couple of questions.
1. What kind of "cd" medium are you using? Did you "burn" the cd's or are they "originals" from the publisher?
2. Do any of your cd's operate correctly? If so, were they burned at the same time as those that the cd changer can not read?
3. Do you ever get a message of "no CDDJ"?

A common reason for cd changers not reading burned cd's is if the cd was not "closed". Some folks say that the "quality" of the cd also makes a difference.
The "no CDDJ means the cd changer is not powered/ connected.

Soooo .... There are several very knowledgable members in this forum. Do a little trouble shooting and provide some additional detail, e.g. is this a factory cd changer// has it worked prior to this?, and I'm sure someone can zero in on a solution. Best of luck.
PS, also do a search on "CD Changer" in this forum - - there were quite a previous threads dealing with similar situations.

------------------

2001 F-150 Super Crew Lariat 4x4; 5.4 engine; Chestnut w/ gold trim; Captain's Chairs; Ford/ Duraliner bed insert; Access Roll-up bed cover; Six disc CD changer in '98/'99 Expedition center console; Fosgate FNP1614 component speakers (front); Pioneer TS-A6855 speakers (rear); 8 inch MTX subwoofer in custom built, center console, sealed enclosure; Zapco AG150 amplifier; DRL daytime running lights with Fog Lights (Mod)available at all times;Bel 980 Radar detector; Moon roof; Bed extender; Class 3 trailer hitch; Factory splash guards (front & rear).

Old 06-09-2001, 05:11 PM
Lightbulb

You probably loaded the CD's into the cartridge upside down. Flip them over and try again.

Old 06-10-2001, 12:08 AM
Question 6 CD-Disc Changer

YAYA!! IT WORKS!!!

Thanks everyone

[This message has been edited by Kelly212 (edited 06-15-2001).]

Old 06-11-2001, 09:32 AM
Kelly;
Where do you stand ??

Old 06-13-2001, 01:04 AM
I got an aftermarket cd changer that didnt play burned CDs then i realized it was cause i was using bad quality cds. Use IMATION...great cds they play in everything....and they are like 29 bucks for 100....some of the cheaper ones are iffy...if you fine a cheap one that works then more power to ya.

------------------
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]