mp3 question

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mp3 question

hey guys....

how do you sort through all the mp3s on a data disc to find exactly what you want? Im planning to get one but was wondering how to skip to exactly what you want if you have all that music on a data disc

Old 04-14-2003, 06:02 PM
Its a GREAT idea to folder the music. By that I mean when you burn the MP3 disc separate the MP3's into different folders.. perhaps by artist or alphabetical order or genre or whatever you find most useful. When I burn mine I usually keep each folder to about 20 to 25 songs. I'll start out sorting them by Artist.. then once I'm left with artists that I only have a small number of songs by, I'll go to the alphabetical order and sort them into folders of 20 or so songs each

It works great for me.. especially since the remote for my head unit has a numeric keypad.. I can type in the song # I want and skip directly to it. Very nice feature.

Old 04-14-2003, 06:07 PM
thats cool....

can you save setlists into your HU of like..your favorites from any given data disc?

Old 04-14-2003, 06:15 PM
No. Can't store a "playlist programs" into the head unit. You'll have to burn you're disc in the playlist format you want.

I know you can run a RANDOM mode.. where it will "shuffle" the songs in a given folder. I need to read my manual to see if I can do a Random mode to shuffle all the songs on the disc rather than just in 1 folder. I haven't messed with that function much yet.

Old 04-14-2003, 06:45 PM
Ive never burned a data disc before (i use easy cd creator) but is it fairly easy to put songs in the order you want them?

I mean...Im assuming you can just create folders and drag the songs you want into those folders and then copy those folders when it asks you what to include on the disc....right?

Old 04-15-2003, 12:49 AM
I use NERO but I assume its very similar.. drag and drop songs right. Just create the folders in the disc window and drag and drop the songs into the folders.

Quick Reply: mp3 question