anyone orderd from carid.com?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone orderd from carid.com?

Hey all I ordered my grille guard from carid.com, every day i go on there website to check the status of my order, it always says that the day I look at it is the day it is supposed to ship? Every day its another date? they sure as heck took the 400 bucks rite away! Just wondering if it is normal for them to be that way or what? Thanks Bob

Old 03-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just ordered from them late last week for the first time, and kept receiving updates as my two different items shipped. Both are on the way now with tracking numbers (one UPS, one FedEx). I'm happy so far, now we'll just wait and see when the parts show up.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:53 PM
yeah i ordered late last week too, but they keep moving my ship date!!

Old 03-25-2011, 09:19 AM
It might be on backorder. You should call them.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:27 AM
Call them and dont take any BS from a phone operator. If they give you a hard to believe/BS answer politely thank them for their time and ask them to transfer you to a manager or someone higher up. I ordered something from the internet one time and didnt receive my goods for a long time so I called and didnt stop asking to be transfered until I got the answer I wanted, which was, "I will personally go look to see what the status is on your part". Needless to say the next day it shipped and was at my door 3 days later.

You have to be persistent like that or nobody will take you seriously. Good luck.

D

Old 03-25-2011, 10:31 AM
I haven't ordered from Carid, I tend to try to find the lowest prices on the net when shopping for my truck and they hardly ever come up. I spend a lot, so I want to save a lot. I like my money. Carid does have those brake covers that I want and they sell them the cheapest around when you add on their 10% discount. Never buy from a online dealer without using a discount code.

Hint: When you are about to check out from any online retailer and you see an option to enter a discount code, google search for a code. I know carid as a 10% coupon code that I hoped you used.

Autoanything.com never buy anything from them without using a 15% discount. They normally have a 15% off day probably 3-5 times a month on random days. I also have been able to change some of their 10% coupon codes to 15%.

If anyone wants me to help them get the cheapest prices on parts (normally the more expensive parts over $100) let me know. I love searching for that stuff.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:50 AM
After searching for a carid.com coupon code I found the code "FORUM" for 10% off. I tested and it works!

Also, they have illuminated car door sills with the F-150 logo that would look sweet for $450. That might be my next purchase, but my wife would literally kill me.

Part#DS-FOR04BA-4L4N

Old 03-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Might want to look here. They do not have a good rep.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/CarID

Old 03-25-2011, 12:38 PM
I took and did a review on the company after placing the order, and yeah i was not happy about what i saw!! I just emailed them this morning, no reply, so i just got off the phone with them, the no so american speaking guy i talked to said he'd have an answer for me by 6 tonight? Yeah still not happy though, I told them you keep moving my ship date, but you sure as heck didnt hesitate to take the money from my account!! Then he put me on hold and came back with the well i just emailed the vendor, looks like they just completed it, should have an answer by 6 tonight!! Bob

Old 03-25-2011, 02:02 PM
just got an email from them, 15th of April is now the estimated ship date!!! Talk about Pissing a guy off!!!

Old 03-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by bourmanr
just got an email from them, 15th of April is now the estimated ship date!!! Talk about Pissing a guy off!!!

Yikes, sorry man. Could you ask them for a refund or are you going to wait it out until then?

Old 03-26-2011, 09:21 PM
I've tried them twice and they goofed up both of my orders. They shipped my stuff to the wrong side of the country! And they won't contact you when they mess up. You have to do all of the leg work. They also have stuff on their website that they don't even sell anymore. After going through the whole ordering process (including charging my card) I then found out the item i ordered was not available.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:21 PM
I havent ordered from "carid.com" so I can't help you there. But I do know if a great website i ordered my Edge Evo off of. It's "Streetsideauto.com" When searching for it originally I was coming up with anywhere from $340 to $360 for the price. Well shipped to my door I paid $312 for it. It was shipped the next day and i got it in about 3 days. I was real happy with ordering thru them.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CarID

Well, the first shipment arrived on Fri., and the second "shipped" on Thurs. and is confirmed by a tracking number. Now we'll just see if they are the right parts.

That stinks! They should let you know if a product is back-ordered or give you an estimated ship date before you pay for the order. At least that way you either know the situation beforehand or you can decide to not order. That would be considered GOOD customer service. It sounds like I may have dodged a bullet dealing with them, but I am still waiting on an order; so maybe I haven't.:o

Old 04-04-2011, 11:26 AM
yeah i canceled my order with them last week, after i got the ship date for the 15th of april, they emailed on weds last week and said it would be another 3-4 weeks after the 15th of april date, so i said screw it and give me my money back, just got the email stating the refund is complete! Bob

Quick Reply: anyone orderd from carid.com?