Compustar Remote Start-Doors won't unlock

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compustar Remote Start-Doors won't unlock

I bought the system from Travis at KC Autosound, did the self install and everything went great. All works very well, except the doors won't unlock with the remote start key fob. I have been diagnosing the problem today and have found out that with the test light connected to the unlock wire for the truck, the doors unlock every time, so when I remove test light, nothing. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 02-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by sprysa
I bought the system from Travis at KC Autosound, did the self install and everything went great. All works very well, except the doors won't unlock with the remote start key fob. I have been diagnosing the problem today and have found out that with the test light connected to the unlock wire for the truck, the doors unlock every time, so when I remove test light, nothing. Anyone have any suggestions?
First of all, take your test light, set it on the driveway, and smash it with a sledge.

Test lights can be dangerous in 12 volt applications as they draw voltage and can pop airbags if applied to the wrong circuit.

Do you have a DMM?

Old 02-21-2011, 03:58 PM
No I do not, decided to just take it to the local mobile electronics company. Appt for next Monday.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you connected the test to a ground then touching the tip to the unlock wire? Do the locks unlock when you do this?

Try connecting the test light to a positive 12v source, and testing the output of the unlock wire. If the test light lights up when you hit the unlock button, then its working ok. If not, then that may be the issue. Im not too familiar with the unit you have installed, but it may be putting out a positive or try hitting the unlock button twice.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by sprysa
Did you ever get this figured out. I am having the same issue. Everything works except for the unlock.

Quick Reply: Compustar Remote Start-Doors won't unlock