cb noise help

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry cb noise help

I insalled a cb radio in my 02 fx-4.When i turned it on all i get is alot of noise from the speaker.I took it to a cb shop and i was told the noise is coming from the eletric fuel pump.He stated there is a kit out there for silencing the noise.Does any one know of this kit and where it can be purchased.Any help would be truly appreciated. Thank you Keith.W

Old 01-03-2010, 12:02 AM
You can buy an inline noise filter that wires in to the power wire on the cb at just about any truck stop or Radio Shack

Old 01-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Make sure the noise is actually coming through the power lines. Mine has a lot of noise from my e-fans, but an in-line noise filter for the power lines wont do anything in my case as its coming in through the antenna. To test whether its coming in through the antenna just disconnect the antenna cable with the radio on and the truck running. If the noise stops, then its def coming in through the antenna. You might have to put a noise filtering capacitor on the water pump leads themselves. Just see where its coming in from before you spend money on the in-line filter.

- Erik

Old 01-04-2010, 05:09 PM
i had noice on mine but i just moved its location on the truck. where u keep it and where is your antenna. take some pics

Quick Reply: cb noise help