used KC's

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2001, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question used KC's

There is a guy my area that advertised a pair of used KC lights in the newspaper. Talked to him, and they are about 5 years old, they were on a ranger, but he took them off and they've now been in storage for a while.
They are round, with chrome back, no covers: $45, but will go down since he doesn't have the covers. I would like to get some bright lights for my truck, are these worth my money? Can I buy new bulbs if these don't work after a while? Also, are they really bright? What do you guys think? I would like to get them, if it's worth my $45, but I wanted to get your opinions first.

Thanks

------------------
'99 F-150 XLT SC, short box, black ext and tan int, 5.4, remote keyless entry, CD w/premium sound, trailering package...
Accessories: Access tonneau cover, Ford factory steps, DeeZee stainless side moldings, custom behind-grille bug screen, a Lund stainless cold front for the winter, and a Genuine Steel Products grille/brush guard.

Old 01-11-2001, 04:31 PM
dang your classified ads must be cheap! Here there's usually nothing under $100 in the paper, since it costs like $40 to place an ad! Anyways, as I recall not only can you get new bulbs for the KC's, but those are actually part of the warranty for the KC's... although since your not the original owner, you may have to purchase them... Not sure how KC's were 5 years ago but I know they've come a long way since then, but you can spend a bit more and get a newer set which you know will work perfectly, then you'll get the warranty that goes with it.

Old 01-11-2001, 04:45 PM
Cool

Hey black'n'chrome, If you can get them for around $25-$30 i'd get them. Just to let you know what a new pair runs, the 150W are about $100-$120 range and the 100W are about $80-$100. But yes you can get parts but you'd be better off with new. Good luck

------------------
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

My 2000 F-150

It's A KC Thing....You Wouldn't Understand!!!

Old 01-11-2001, 06:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
a set of stainless 150 watts are $87 with the 33% off coupon from carparts.com. (or at least they were last month) Less for the chrome or black. For that price, I'm really tempted to buy another set, but where to mount them? What am I thinking? Mudder and spargo are a bad influence in here! I don't really need 2 more... :-)

-Joe-

Old 01-12-2001, 07:06 AM
Cool

Two more!?!? You need about 8 more. Ain't it great how a few sets of KC just set off a nice grill guard. Good luck on both of your all's projects.