Child Seats in my Extended Cab??

Old 02-29-2000, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Child Seats in my Extended Cab??

A question to all the Mom's and Dad's out there.... Looks like I may have some extra passengers to put into my truck soon...Little ones of my own making ! Anyone have any experience with the Child Restraint Seats in the back of the Extended Cab???
Will they Install properly??
Are there the necessary Tie downs back there ?

I know about childen in the front seat ! Shutting off the airbag and all...but any advice about the rear seats ??

Thanks for any help !

------------------
BigJohn

99 F-150 XLT Sport Extended Cab 4X4 In a Wonderful Red - Grey Interior
4.6 liter Triton V8

K&N Air Filter
Black Ironhorse Full Brush Guard
Black Extang Platinum Tonno Cover
Black Weston Step Bars
Ford moulded mud guards
Pendaliner Full Box Liner
Ventshades
The Envied stares of all my neighbors !

Old 02-29-2000, 01:36 AM
Smile

Yeeehaaa, Congratulations BigJohn! did I read right, passengerS,as in plural?
Check out this thread https://www.f150online.com/f150board...ML/000032.html
When is the big event?
Not to throw a wet blanket on your glory, but remember NEVER LEAVE A CHILD ALONE IN A VEHICLE, NOT EVEN FOR A MINUTE as a Missouri lady did.

------------------
Y2K F150 XLT SC SB 4.6 V8 standard, 3.55 LS,RED!Previous Ford Trucks '84 F150, '87 Ranger
NEW JERSEY the GARDEN STATE

Old 02-29-2000, 08:34 AM
I have not had any problems with child seats in my '99 F-250 Super Duty, Super Cab.

Almost 2 years ago, when I first got my Super Duty, my youngest one was only a couple of months old. I had no problem putting a rear facing infant seat in the back, BUT, my truck has captains chairs so there is no front seat back in front of the center position of the rear seat to interfere.

Doug.

------------------
Currently have:'99 F-250 Super Duty, 4x4, SC, XLT, 5.4L, 4.10LS, Deep Metallic Blue/Med. Graphite, Superchip.

On order: '00 F-250 Super Duty, 4x4, SC, XLT, 6.8L, 3.73LS, Island Blue/Silver with Med. Graphite Interior, Ordered 10/11/99, Still "Clean and Unscheduled as of 2/1/00, So I cancelled the order.

NOW on order: '00 F-150, 4X4, SC, XLT, 5.4L, 3.55LS, Off-Road, Island Blue/Silver with Dark Graphite Interior, Ordered 1/20/00, Serialized 1/27/00, Build Week 2/14/00, Shipped 2/18/00.

Old 02-29-2000, 11:39 AM
Cool

I have had my 2 year old son in the back center seat (facing forward) for the past 7 months. It does seem to be a little loose, but if you put your weight on it then tighten up the belt it should be okay. The only problem is that it leaves indentations in the seat. I haven't had a rear facing seat installed, but again make sure it is tight.

99 Lartiat SC

Old 02-29-2000, 08:43 PM
BigJohn-
I have 2 child seats in my truck, 1 behind the passenger side and the other in the middle. their ages are 3 and 4 yrs. and the fit fine. The only thing i worry about is that they love to climb in by themselves and its a long way down, so i keep an extra eye on them.
Good luck
bosch45

------------------
2000 F150 XLT BLACK, 4X4,SPORT 5.4, 3.55,
SC,SB,ABS, 17IN WHLS, REMOTE ENTRY, CD,
TUBULAR SIDE STEPS, SMK BUG GAURD, VENTSHADES, MOLDED MUD FLAPS, LINER ALL FORD PRODUCTS, SUPERCHIP, A.R.E. LID ON ORDER

Old 03-01-2000, 07:11 AM
Wink

congrats on the new addition: We have a 7 week old boy now as wel as a 4 1/2 girl the infant seats will work i have the split bech seat theyhave to be put in the middle with the center section down other wise the seat has to be up along ways , no onecould ride in the seat unless you are a child. We put him in hte back all the time no problems yet. Other than my daughter buggin him wheil he is sleeping does that count?

------------------
*2000 blk xlt f150
*5.4 4x4 3.55 ls
*sc orp pkg
*tow pkg, 17 inch wheels
*herculiner,remote start
*flowmaster, air box mod
*bfg ko's A.R.E. cap
*sony 10 disc cd player
*k&n air filter
*superchip

****mods to come*********
harley davison hitch reciver plug.
removing stock cab steps& installing westins.

Old 03-04-2000, 11:22 PM
BigJohn:
First off, Congrats! I got three of my own in the back of a '91 Explorer, and am moving up to a Supercrew - it's wider, so 3 seats will fit better.
I don't know about the Supercab setup, but I have a few suggestions. If the car seat will be in the centre, it's the safest and easiest spot to do up the belt. If in an outboard position, check the manual to see if the belts can be set not to slaken. In the Supercrew, you pull the belt out all the way, then release it so it's tight against the car seat. This prevents it from loosening. Othwise, a restraining clip is needed - they come with the car seats.
The other thing you need to do, which I see many people missing, is that once junior reaches 20lbs and is forward facing, use the teher strap that comes with the seat. Again, the Supercrew has straps for each seat to hold the clip. If these aren't there you'll need to install anchors. Ford provided these free for my Explorer. Lastly, for a rear facing seat, I had a lot of luck using a seat belt extender to avaoid having to fumble around form the release button. It's also free from Ford.

Best of luck!

Old 03-05-2000, 03:53 PM
Talking

Two kids, Two child seats no problem. For the ones that posted "The child seats seamed a little loose" There is a teather strap that connects to the top of all curren child seats and slips over the back of your rear seat , It bolts up to the wall of the cab behind the rear seat. And yes ford put a place to bolt it no drilling required.

------------------
2000 F150 SC XLT
4-sp auto
255/70r-16
3.55 LS
Heavy Duty electric
Heavy Duty cooling
Trailer Towing Group
Keyless Entry
Soft Cover
Captains Chairs
wedg blue& silver two tone
Fog Lights
Bed Liner
Fender Flairs
Cab Steps
10 disc CD changer

(Just 892 more payments and that sucker is all mine)

Old 03-06-2000, 03:45 PM
Talking

I took my 99 Lariat SC in for servicing and order the child seat restraint kit which is FREE from Ford. This will help to properly install a child seat in the rear seat of your supercab. Hey, if it's FREE, get it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Child Seats in my Extended Cab??