Ohio Traffic Law Update has been changed

Modify my alert settings
| View Ohio Traffic Law Update
| View Daily AFIT All

Title: Ohio Traffic Law Update
Expiration Date: 7/10/2009
Display Order: 100
Daily AFIT All Approval Workflow:
Content: Starting Wednesday July 1 you must slow down or move a lane over if you see a tow truck or utility service vehicles on the side of the road. The new traffic law is one of many folded into the transportation budget approved by the General Assembly in March.

Semi-trucks will also be allowed to travel 65 mph on rural interstates, up from the traditional 55 mph restriction. The state is also required to establish "transition zones" when posted speed limits drop more than 20 mph. The latter rule was meant to protect drivers from speed traps.

Drivers must also turn on headlights when you turn on your windshield wipers in the rain. Warnings will be issued this year for those who don't comply with the wiper law, but tickets could be issued in years to come.

But not moving over or slowing down for tow-trucks or utility service vehicles will cost you $300 plus court costs for first-time offenders. The second offense in a year is a $500 fine.

The headlights rule will only involve warnings this year, but tickets may be issued beginning in 2010.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seem like reasonable laws to me.

Quick Reply: Ohio Traffic Law Update