Old 07-20-2007, 06:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Western PA

Any body know some good offroading spots in west PA living near Pittsburgh

thanks in advance

Old 07-20-2007, 06:49 AM
Not so much....

I used to 'wheel alot back in the day, but all the spots were illegal, and now are mostly strip malls instead of woods

I think you would be better off traveling to some of the more rural counties around (Butler, Washington, Fayette, Westmoreland) only problem there the land might not be posted and you might meet some boys with shotguns....

I would search online for a 4wd club in the area, join and then you would be set. Then you have some people to go with you, IE pull you out if you get stcuk, will be wheeling legally, and your club dies will go to ensure you and your buddies will have many years of off roading fun, while being kind to mother earth.

I lived in Pittsburgh for 29 years, and just relocated to Virginia a few weeks ago, and boy is tough, I miss home!

But, doing my dream job and working as a fireman is helping, cant really do that in western Pa (I was a volly for 11 years in the north hills)

So, I am in the same boat looking for some good whelling spots down here and also looking for some mountain bike trails as well.

Oh, one last idea...dont know if you go onto www.hoopieworld.com it is a message board for "hoopies" ha ha, mostly geared towards northern allegheny county, but you might find some people on there intersted in going wheeling if you posted a thread on there...

Best of luck, keep me posted!

Old 07-20-2007, 11:24 AM
check this site out www.mudnuts.org they do alot of wheeling in pa and western ny

Quick Reply: Western PA