Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, WV

MA friends

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MA friends

Anyone in the MA area that works on Fords? Looking to find networks and could use some help working on the truck. I don't hava garage here in MA and am looking to do some mods (exhaust, lift, etc) I'm in the Marlborough area.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:55 AM
I live in Chicopee, MA but I don't have a work garage. I have tackled my mods in the driveway on nice days. You could send a message to Muddyape, he has a buddy with a shop in the Springfield area.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Good info! I have a buddy that runs an exhaust shop in Auburn that may be able to help. Thanks again!

Old 05-08-2007, 09:26 PM
There's a place near Seekonk Speedway, forgot the name, they do good engine/exhaust work---word on the street.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:28 AM
Marlborough huh.....
I'ma hollerin atcha from Hudson....Way over here...LOL

Old 06-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Hey, Framingham here. 06White, I have seen your truck on rt 85 in Marlboro. I work off of 85. Very nice paint job. Where did you get it done? I was thinking of a custom pain job for my truck. Also where did you get the billet grill?

I am also interested in a local place that specializes in Ford trucks.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Hey bebert,
I live in Hudson and work @ Ted's of Fayville, so that would be why you see my truck on 85 a lot. Small world huh... The grille is a Ford one that came with the truck from the dealer(boltover) Your truck would look sweet with a custom paint job. I got mine done @Hudson body and Paint. I cant decide if I want to put 24's on mine or bigger tires, and wheels ...like 20's with big meats. I just got done putting in a 2.5/3inch lift so it might look funny w/ 24's. anyway , I'll be lookin for ya round town
C'Ya

Old 06-04-2007, 11:44 AM
i work at a dealership in lunenburg(35 mins away). we can do the stuff here, but it would probably be cheaper to have a tech do it on the side. lmk if interested, and i will talk to our shop foreman and see if he is interested. fyi, he did my L swap, and so far, no problems with the swap.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:26 PM
I'd ike to go bigger than my 17's. I'd like 18's or 20's but I'm not sure if I would need a lift kit and I am worried what it would cause problems to the timing of the shifting. This is what the dealer told me when I bought the truck. I read about buying tuners but it seem really complicated. The last thing I want to do is screw up the enigine and the transmission. I'm guessing that the FX4 is build on the same chassis and they are fitted with 18's. Would you local guys be able to answer my questions or know a reputable source?

Old 06-05-2007, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by Bebert926
I'd ike to go bigger than my 17's. I'd like 18's or 20's but I'm not sure if I would need a lift kit and I am worried what it would cause problems to the timing of the shifting. This is what the dealer told me when I bought the truck. I read about buying tuners but it seem really complicated. The last thing I want to do is screw up the enigine and the transmission. I'm guessing that the FX4 is build on the same chassis and they are fitted with 18's. Would you local guys be able to answer my questions or know a reputable source?
you wont need lift kit for bigger wheels, as long as the tire size is taken into account. the xcal II is really easy to use. it usually comes with a tune, so you don't have to worry about anything.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by 03expyeb
you wont need lift kit for bigger wheels, as long as the tire size is taken into account. the xcal II is really easy to use. it usually comes with a tune, so you don't have to worry about anything.
Are you saying that I can go with bigger wheels as long as the diameter of the wheel plus the tire does not increase? If the diameter were larger I would need a lift kit and a tuner?

Old 06-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Bebert926
Are you saying that I can go with bigger wheels as long as the diameter of the wheel plus the tire does not increase? If the diameter were larger I would need a lift kit and a tuner?
you dont NEED the tuner for any of it...but it can correct your speedo. lets assume you have 265/70/17's right now. as long as you proportion the sizes, you wont need a lift kit. sizes would be 275/65or70/18, 285/60/19 and so on. www.tirerack.com is a good source. just go to the wheels section, put in your truck, and then choose the size rims you want. in the left column, it will let you know what the appropriate tire size for that rim would be. hope that helps.

-jon

Old 06-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Another M******* here!

Hi guys..Another M******* here. Not many mods here..Just a plain jane XL.

Anyone know how to lower these trucks? I'm looking into a Belltech kit soon.

I'm out of the Springfield/ Ludlow area.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by JAlexander
Hi guys..Another M******* here. Not many mods here..Just a plain jane XL.

Anyone know how to lower these trucks? I'm looking into a Belltech kit soon.

I'm out of the Springfield/ Ludlow area.
Not sure about the kits for lowering, just thought I would say hello. Maybe you have seen my truck before, you live very close. I'm in Chicopee. Got any photos of your truck?

Old 06-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by tmd07
Not sure about the kits for lowering, just thought I would say hello. Maybe you have seen my truck before, you live very close. I'm in Chicopee. Got any photos of your truck?
I've never seen it! I dont get out much cruzin anymore. It seems like I work and then Im straight home. No pics, and frankly thats the way I wanna keep it for now, lol.

Nice to meet you ...Maybe we'll meet up sometime..

Quick Reply: MA friends