Wiring help for backup camera

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring help for backup camera

I have a 2008 f150 that I just bought. I noticed a rear camera built into the tail gate but when I look at the rear view mirror there is only 3 wires going to it. After reading the serial number of my existing mirror it is the one with no lcd screen. When I look at the wiring under the rear I see it plugged into the harness under the bed. Looking under the dash on drivers side above parking brake there is 2 plugs undone. One is a grey 16 plug connector and a black 2 pin connector I have no idea what they are. Some help would be appreciated. I am unsure how to put pictures on the forum but I do have them of the plugs.

Old 01-31-2016, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plugs

Originally Posted by Mbryan
I have a 2008 f150 that I just bought. I noticed a rear camera built into the tail gate but when I look at the rear view mirror there is only 3 wires going to it. After reading the serial number of my existing mirror it is the one with no lcd screen. When I look at the wiring under the rear I see it plugged into the harness under the bed. Looking under the dash on drivers side above parking brake there is 2 plugs undone. One is a grey 16 plug connector and a black 2 pin connector I have no idea what they are. Some help would be appreciated. I am unsure how to put pictures on the forum but I do have them of the plugs.

Quick Reply: Wiring help for backup camera