Has anyone recently updated the navagation I have questions?

Old 10-25-2015, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone recently updated the navagation I have questions?

Have been thinking about this for awhile, and looking to order the dvd set and install myself.
Question is are the instructions and steps easy to complete?
Do you have to have the truck "on" or "running" for the duration of the install?
Searched around but not a ton of info on the installation unless I over looked it.

Last edited by sweet88gt; 10-25-2015 at 11:28 AM. Reason: mistype
Old 10-27-2015, 09:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

I have an '11 Lariat. I've updated my Nav. twice. It's easy. Be sure to read completely thru the directions. The directions can be a bit confusing (to me any way). I'm not a computer guy, so anything computereese is jiberish to me. Any way, it was straight forward. Once you put a disk in, it will prompt you. During certain portions of the install, usually at the beginning of a segment, the truck will need to be on and running. for instance, if you are updating the Map portion, the truck may need to be running for like the first 15% of the install. There will be a bar showing the progress of the install. Once it shows "15%" or better, you can shut the truck off, get out and go inside your house while it completes the rest of that segment. It could take 3-4 hours for instance. When you go back out and restart the truck, the display will show you were it is at in the process and prompt you on what's next. If it's not completed the install you can still shut the truck back off and let it continue. Once you're done you probably won't see any difference in the map display. I think a few minor things are changed or added to the map display, like another arrow showing your direction on the map. But most you won't even notice. It will be up to you if you want to update if you use it often. I just did it because I wanted the system to be current. Good luck.....

Old 10-28-2015, 11:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you know if you need to update and I'm assuming the DVDs are from FORD?

Old 10-30-2015, 09:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Needing to update, well, I'd say it's more of whether you feel you need it. But on my '11, No, it was not from Ford. The company used to be called NAVTEQ. Now it is called "HERE". It's the Software Application for the GPS that gets an update. Then the Navigation Map, and the Gracenote which is the music. The updates are usually for new roads that were built, or others that have been closed. New shopping centers, banks, parks, conv. stores, etc., others that have become defunked. In other words your points of interest. The music data base is updated with new artists, albums, etc.. The last set I got, for 2014, was 7.0, a four disc set for a cost of about 150.00. I haven't checked lately to see if there is a recent update.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has anyone recently updated the navagation I have questions?