Navigation Disc not ejecting

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation Disc not ejecting

I have recently purchased an 07 F150 with the touchscreen navigation system. The disc currently in the system is the 4p disc and I am wanting to upgrade it. The issue I am having is that the disc does not eject.

The screen folds all the way down like it is supposed to, it pauses for a brief moment (literally 1 second at most), and then closes back up. No error no noise that I can notice, just slides down and then back up.

The navigation is currently working, so I'm a little scared to try anything rash but I was wondering if anyone could help me with this issue.

Old 10-31-2014, 12:55 PM
Anyone? I really need some help

Old 10-31-2014, 01:17 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Artex, you don't say what brand your headunit is. I don't think it's an OEM unit is it? From your description, it sounds like it could be a Kenwood unit (like the one I installed).

Regardless, I think you might find more help on a forum that is dedicated specifically to the headunit you have. If it's Kenwood, here's a good starting point: http://www.kenwoodforums.com/ Drill down to the specific model you have.

I've never had this problem with mine, so I can't be of more help, but I think I'd take it out of the truck if I had to fix the problem you are having. It should be quite easy to remove, I know I found mine was easy to install. You'll need to pry off the trim around the headunit with something like a trim tool, and then you will have access to the two screws that hold the tray above the headunit in place. Remove that, and you have full access to the headunit.

Good luck!

- Jack

Old 11-03-2014, 06:50 AM
Thank you for your response. It is a factory installed OEM unit. I am at a loss on what to do.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Have you gotten it out of the truck? It should be easy.

Do you have an owner's manual for the thing? Does it have a "troubleshooting" section? Sometimes, you can get all kinds of help from an owner's manual.

Failing all that, you could take it to the dealership.

- Jack

Quick Reply: Navigation Disc not ejecting