Reverse Camera Caused Backup Lights to not work and ABS / Brake light to come on.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 09:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reverse Camera Caused Backup Lights to not work and ABS / Brake light to come on.

Man... Big problem lol. I was installing a reverse camera on my 2007 F150 and I wired up the cameras positive and negative cables to my reverse light. I got a good connection there, tested and confirmed with a voltage connector.

I didn't want to mess with finding the reverse wire in the drivers side kick panel, so I simply spliced in some electrical wire from the positive brake light cable in the tail light (same on the reverse camera positive wire is spliced into).

I plugged the wire spliced from the positive cable on the reverse light up into the truck and into the "reverse cam" wire coming out of my Kenwood Deck.

I plugged in the Video RCA jack to the camera input and set up the camera to "interrupt on reverse".

So I throw it in reverse and it works beautifully for about 10 seconds. Then all of the sudden it goes out.

I walk to the back of the truck and the reverse lights (neither one) is working and the truck is in reverse. Then as I'm sitting there I notice that the "brake" light and the "ABS" light on my dash are on.

It also seems I have no AC now.

So.... what could have possibly caused this / what could the fix possibly be.

I am not really good at all with electronics or vehicle installs so I'm hoping i didn't break anything too bad. I checked the #14 and #10 fuses (did some forum searching) and neither is blown.

HELP!!!!!

Old 05-27-2014, 07:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shockforce75...did you ever get this fixed? If so what was the issue? I have the same problem with my truck.

Quick Reply: Reverse Camera Caused Backup Lights to not work and ABS / Brake light to come on.