Aftermarket Nav in 2009 XLT with Sync (no factory nav)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Nav in 2009 XLT with Sync (no factory nav)

My buddy just bought a 2009 XLT with the Sync radio (this one http://imgur.com/gzwRxMT) - but not factory nav. He'd like to add nav and a backup camera to the truck. I'm finding a couple of options for replacing the factory unit and retaining Sync features and wanted to get a some opinions.

1. iDataLink Maestro (
here here
) and a Kenwood head unit

2. PAC MS-FRD1 (
here here
) and PAC SWI-RC (
here here
)

There seems to be more information out there about option #1

I'm interested in option #2 as well since he is not limited to Kenwood head units and can get a good deal on a second hand Pioneer AVIC Z140BH.

Has anyone used either of these solutions? I'd like to get some feedback about functionality / ease of use / installation.

Thanks in advance![/quote]

Last edited by xlt92explorer; 03-03-2014 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Ive used the PAC SWI-RC before, works fine for SWC integration. The other adapters do retain SYNC, but not with the same level of functionality. You have to switch to the aux input for the USB and Bluetooth audio to work and of course, the audio commands do not apply to anything but items attached to the USB port.

If SYNC integration is important, may want to have him go with a factory NAV. If not, going aftermarket will get you in the door cheaper.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:29 PM
Yup i have tried both.

Idatalink Maestro beats the PAC stuff hands down.

Why:
In my f150 -2009 Lariat screw, I had the Avic-z110bt that I upgraded to the z130bt via software.

I JUST pulled all that out and installed a new Avic-8100nex with idatalink-maestro. Very easy.
I plan to put the older avic on my wife's Honda.

Old 11-15-2015, 12:40 PM
Just installed a Kenwood DNX571TR in my 2010 with the Maestro wiring harness and adapter for sync and steering wheel controls. Sync works better than before as I was able to add secondary functions to the steering wheel buttons through programming a second function when button is held longer than 2 seconds. Ordered kit from Crutchfield and their tech support was amazing when I had some questions about left over wires during installation..

Old 11-25-2015, 03:11 AM
Originally Posted by Ottawasteve
Just installed a Kenwood DNX571TR in my 2010 with the Maestro wiring harness and adapter for sync and steering wheel controls. Sync works better than before as I was able to add secondary functions to the steering wheel buttons through programming a second function when button is held longer than 2 seconds. Ordered kit from Crutchfield and their tech support was amazing when I had some questions about left over wires during installation..
Nice! I heard lots of good compliment from Kenwood stuff.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Nav in 2009 XLT with Sync (no factory nav)