Good Rear view Camera?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 11:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Rear view Camera?

Just ordered a Kenwood ddx418 and am looking for a good rearview camera to plug into it. Dont want a license plate mount one, would prefer the least noticeable with good picture.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:43 PM
This is what I have and I love it. I know u don't want a license plate mount one but its not noticeable at all and the picture is fantastic.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_707VTL3...ml?search=boyo

Old 08-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by pmason718
This is what I have and I love it. I know u don't want a license plate mount one but its not noticeable at all and the picture is fantastic.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_707VTL3...ml?search=boyo
That actually is pretty good, but the price

If im looking for a good camera, would around $50-100 be realistic?

Old 08-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Boyo makes a couple models that work very well for under $100 and they have exellent customer service even if you buy their product off of e-bay.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:06 AM
I purchased a CCD camera (NOT CMD) from ebay that was made to fit a Fiat. I then removed the camera and fit into a stock camera handle for F150, I get a great picture for under $50.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Dirtzz
That actually is pretty good, but the price

If im looking for a good camera, would around $50-100 be realistic?
I know this is a lil late but what did you end up purchasing

Old 02-23-2016, 10:12 AM
2011 Frod F150 with Navi

I have a 2011 Ford F150 Lariat with Navi but NO back up camera. Has anyone came across this? I was wondering if there was a way I could get a camera and hook it up to my Navi screen? I dont want to get a new rear view mirror if I dont have to. Thanks in advance for any tips

Old 02-29-2016, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Tys2011fordf150
I have a 2011 Ford F150 Lariat with Navi but NO back up camera. Has anyone came across this? I was wondering if there was a way I could get a camera and hook it up to my Navi screen? I dont want to get a new rear view mirror if I dont have to. Thanks in advance for any tips
installed a backup cam in my 07 Lariat. Done in Jan. 2011.
Used a camera handle from a Lincoln Mark. Chrome version was half the price of plain black.

The camera was from eBay.
This camera was a fair fit and I used silicon to seal it in the handle. The camera quality is marginal but I just wanted to prevent accidents.

Installation was easy, wiring was a pain. I ran the camera power from the backup light (tapped into the positive side at the tail light). This was easy.
Ran the video line up the frame and entered the cab on driver’s side (this was the pain). Black wire is the video feed. The red is one I used to provide power to bed light.

I then routed to a temporary video display (waiting for new radio).

I also mounted a license plate camera up front and routed to display through a small power switch. This allows me to turn off the camera display. The display has a primary (video 1) and a secondary (video 2).

Hope this helps.

Updated Camera in Sept. 2011.

I purchased a CCD camera (NOT CMD) from ebay that was made to fit a Fiat. I then removed the camera and fit into a stock camera handle for F150, I purchased a rubber grommet to fit the handle and the camera (stock size, no cutting), then siliconed it in place. I get a great picture for under $50.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:49 PM
surface mount and flush mount backup camera

Originally Posted by Dirtzz
Just ordered a Kenwood ddx418 and am looking for a good rearview camera to plug into it. Dont want a license plate mount one, would prefer the least noticeable with good picture.
if you don't want license plate camera,I think the surface mount and flush mount backup camera is fine for you.for some flush mount rear view camera need to drill holes to complete installation.this is vendor that supply rear view camera,for your reference.
http://www.vardsafe.com/products/rear-view-cameras/

Quick Reply: Good Rear view Camera?