Swap OEM radio for OEM Nav

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 12:32 PM
TK5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you looked into the Advent Navigation Unit?

Old 12-10-2013, 09:01 AM
what about taking the two factory bezels cutting under the radio and joining the, smoothing them out and paint it? then you can have your factory nav with the stock ac controls? my fx2 already has datc and heated and cooled seats but the button layout is different from the higher end trucks. just a thought.

If anyone would like to donate a factory nav unit and bezel I can test this option

Old 12-18-2013, 11:30 PM
Has anyone with a 2011-2013 f150 had problems with their speakers(front,door). My speaker on pass.side has bad sound, static sound. Right now it comes, and goes.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:07 PM
I have problems with both my front speakers as well, they produce sound however/whenever they want. No idea if it is the oem head unit or wiring. The rears always work.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:01 AM
For anyone who still looking to install an OEM nav system, the prices have come down. www.4dtech.com

Old 01-11-2014, 12:08 AM
TK5
Originally Posted by babysho
For anyone who still looking to install an OEM nav system, the prices have come down. www.4dtech.com
The Advent Unit would still do more, look factory & cost less.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:46 PM
Well, I am almost there with my OEM 6-disc to OEM nav swap. Have a harness glitch. Nav unit has one more plug-in than my harness has. I've emailed Crutchfield and 4dtech to see what they have. I haven't seen a real solution online yet, other than they got it working but no support on how they got it working.

Old 01-19-2014, 10:26 AM
Did either get back to you? My guess is the plug you are missing is for the camera which will not be there if you did not have navigation from the factory.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:02 PM
New to the forum so bare with me. Factory nav is possible in all 2009-2012 f150's. You must have dual zone climate controls for the original center stack system. You can add navigation to my touch as well in the 2013 f150. On 2009-2012 f150's that do not have dual zone, you can add the brick nav that is in the f250.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:58 AM
You need also to swap the climate control module in order to have the NAV touch screen work with the ventillation. This module is located under the top center dash.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:42 PM
TK5
Why do you want factory OEM navigation? How much are you willing to spend?

Old 02-26-2015, 04:56 PM
2014 oem nav to 2009 none nav platinum

Hi
I just found this forum and find very interesting discussion about installation oem nav to a none equip navigation Ford f150 .
Help Please
I own a 2009 Ford f150 platinum with out the factory navigation.
recently I just bought an Oem navigation(nav and cd/DVDs player)taken off from a 2014 Ford f150 fx4 and wonder if it will work in my truck, what I need to buy,where?(link please)to get it to work such as wire harness or anything else I need?
I'm not sure because it a platinum trim I wonder if it already have factory wire harness tug in there for the navigation.Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Thoeun f150; 03-08-2015 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:25 PM
Very interesting

So I have an extended cab XLT with the 4.2" display in it with a jumper seat. I know as soon as I add a couple more things to the exterior I'm gonna start on the interior. First thing is first jumper seat got to go and going with a flow thru out of a raptor, mainly because I hate woodgrain and can't seem to find any from an FX4/2. When you do that you have to change out the silver trim pieces on the dash. Wondering if I could slap a factory NAV in the middle of everything. Has anyone got it to work properly?? From what I read it's a problem with AC controls. Just throwing it out there but couldn't you just switch out your old AC controls??? I'd really like some opinions on this email me (dirtrider5958@yahoo.com) if yall get something working. I'm gonna try it by the end of the year I should be able to do some interior work and hopefully get to it. I would just like to know what I'm up against. Thanks for the information yall have given me so far. If I can locate even more info I'll be sure to share.

Old 07-18-2015, 05:56 PM
New to the forum here.

I have a 2011 Lariat - partial factory nav

I know there will be comments to why I didn't go aftermarket... I have done the partial aftermarket thing and i'd rather have factory. Its a personal decision, so while I know that there are better aftermarket systems, I like the challenge of making something work....

(For the record, I installed an iPad in dash before deciding on this route - 3 years installed) - Removed it today.

I decided to remove the iPad because in the Texas heat, the iPad was constantly over heating, and the USB 2 & power adapter that I designed and installed was glitchy)

1. You need dual climate control with heated and cooled seats
2. You will need a new Navigation system radio
3. 8" touchscreen
4. Navigation bezel
5. Navigation bezel climate control module
6. You can reuse your hazard / TCS / Airbag light module (In bezel)
7. You can reuse your sync usb and line in module (In bezel)
8. You will need the following parts that may not have been indicated on other posts

BL3Z-19980-U - Dash controls module - allows the new nav HVAC control panel in the bezel to work

9L3Z-10E929-A - Video Wire from the Radio to the Touchscreen

9L3Z-10E928-A - This appears to be a GPS signal splitter (From the diagram on Tasca) that goes into the radio and the Nav unit (Ill report back once I get the parts)

9L3Z-15061B58-AA - This is the dummy panel that replaces your original display unit

9L3Z-15045G34-CA - This is the replacement mat that goes over the radio bezel

Right now Im sitting at $750 all in with a potential for about $250 more that I will need to spend depending on the additional connections and harnesses that I will need to buy.

Note as some one else has stated, there is an additional 12 pin connector on the nav radio that I don't have a harness for. I am looking at the wiring diagrams and will report back on my findings. I do have the rear view mirror camera so Im not sure. From my initial findings, it appears that there are additional interfaces into the Accessory protocol interface module (APIM ) they might reside on the other installed harnesses so I might have to make a harness.

Once I get the additional parts and a gameplan, I will report back.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:07 AM
I taught that the 2011 Lariat came std with OEM Ford NAV and the 8" touch screen?
For My 2011 FX4 this was an option...
I swap a 2011 Lariat NAV on my FX4. Took me 40 hrs to study the different electrical schematics with/without the NAV and do the Job.
The main problem was to jump/reroute most of the wiring from the FX4 modules to the Lariat NAV modules for this, since some modules pinout aren't the same. Also, the Info module and the NAV are quite different. The only plug that remain th same is the HVAC (climate) plug. Even for the voice guidance will request a different pattern to the Sony Amp.
I got all the electrical wiring and made a cross reference sheet for the pinout. PM me if you need those. You will need good electronic skills and a lot of patience to attempt this swap to work. Ford didn't made this one easy and their intension was requesting us to upgrade to a different truck model for this NAV option.

Last edited by Salinger; 07-20-2015 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Update

Quick Reply: Swap OEM radio for OEM Nav