2011 F150 Adding Aftermarket NAV (Double Din)

Old 07-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 F150 Adding Aftermarket NAV (Double Din)

Hey All,

I just picked up my 2011 F150 XLT Ecoboost SuperCrew 4x4 last week and I am wating to install my Kenwood Excelon Double Din NAV system from my old truck.

I have the SWI-JACK which will adapt the steering wheel controls to my Kenwood Nav. I know I need the truck wiring harness and I will new a new Radio bezel to adapt to Double din.

I know Metra sells a Double Din bezel but it is matte painted and doesn't seem like it will really match as the factory bezel is knurled/textured.

Does anyone know if there is an OEM bezel that will work to adapt an aftermarket double din radio? I know the OEM bezel will cost more but if it looks better I'm willing to pay the extra.

Any other input or suggestions for installing this Kenwood Nav system would be great/helpfull.

Thanks for your time,

-ThaChad

Old 07-02-2011, 11:54 AM
I am in the process of doing the same, i'm ordering the AVIC 130BT off ebay.

I had the dash apart and the stock CD changer is a double din already, so i'm just going to cut my stock dash, I have some chrome trim that is like whats on the cup holders, got it from JDM when I ordered my HID kit that will fill in if I make a mess, I want a near flush install.

I have to look for the harnesses, I was told the pioneer sells adaptors for the radio, so all i need is the steering wheel control, I'm scrapping sync and hooking the USB/ audio in cable straight to the pioneer,

Old 07-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Has anyone seen the Scosche and Metra double din bezel's?

I'm curious is one looks/matches better then then other or if they are the same?

I'm also disconnecting the sync, I don't need it since my Kenwood excelon radio has Bluetooth. I am hoping to connect the USB and audio in to the USB/Input on the Kenwood, but I don't know if anyone makes a wiring adaptor to make this possible.

-ThaChad

Old 07-03-2011, 10:30 AM
From all i have seen they are all black plastic. I have a pioneer avic 910bt for sale if anyone is interested

Old 07-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by bankrpt
From all i have seen they are all black plastic. I have a pioneer avic 910bt for sale if anyone is interested
from DDM tuning you can buy carbon fiber cloth and cover the plain black plastic, that is more than likely what i'll do.

Does anyone know the exact connectors I need to hook up the entire system

factory USB
Steering wheel controls
12v adaptor??
radio etc

Thanks

Old 07-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I am thinking of sending the matte black bezel out to have it carbon fiber dipped (Like camo, but carbon fiber).

Haven't looked into cost on it yet though.

-ThaChad

Old 07-12-2011, 01:10 AM
Does anyone know of aftermarket adapter cables for a 2011 F150 sosche dosn't make them the 2011 is apparently different from the 2009- 2010

Old 07-12-2011, 07:21 PM
I was at a Ford dealership last week to get some work done on my wife's car. I was bored so I went and talked to the part guy.

He looked up the factory navigation FX black line, aka matrix, bezel and
the price was $479.

I have been unable to find the same black line bezel anywhere else. I can imaging it would be as difficult to find for a 2011.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:40 AM
I found everything I needed to fit my NAV in the 2011, I got the newly released AVIC Z130BT

It came with the Dash kit for free, then I bought carbon fiber wrap.

The wiring harness was $200 bucks, but you get to use your steering wheel controls and usb/ microphone from the sync system so the install is straight forward.

The By pass is simple to do as well, it also disables the stupid muting the stereo that ford has, and you can search streets in the nav while driving which is the best thing!

I'll post pics when I get a chance to install everything, still got my leveling kit to put in and finish my HID's

Old 07-18-2011, 12:20 PM
I am probably going to order an Alpine INA-W900BT from Crutchfield, costs more but comes with a free mounting kit (including bezel) and half off on the PAC MS-FRD1 interface ($99.00).

As far as the black plastic bezel, I am thinking of taking it (and the trim rings off my amps) to the guy who shot the paint on my Harley and have him do it up to match my exterior paint, maybe throw some blue flames in there Probably won't cost that much and with a clear coat, should look decent (assuming automotive paint won't react with the plastic, etc...)

Old 07-19-2011, 05:55 AM
Just an FYI for those interested..

The difference between the Metra Bezel and the Scosche Bezel is that the Scosche bezel is exactly a Double Din opening, where as the Metra is larger then Double Din and has a trim ring (Ugly) that brings it down to a Doudble Din.

I bought the Scosche.

-ThaChad

Old 07-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by ThaChad
I bought the Scosche.
-ThaChad
Part number by chance?

Old 07-20-2011, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by Langlowe
Part number by chance?
If you have the 2 sets of buttons above the radio then you'll need P/N: FD1442B

If you have the 1 set of 3 buttons above the radio then you'll needP/N: FD1438B

Hope that helps, other wise check out the Scosche Website

-ThaChad

Old 07-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Adam74
I found everything I needed to fit my NAV in the 2011, I got the newly released AVIC Z130BT

It came with the Dash kit for free, then I bought carbon fiber wrap.

The wiring harness was $200 bucks, but you get to use your steering wheel controls and usb/ microphone from the sync system so the install is straight forward.

The By pass is simple to do as well, it also disables the stupid muting the stereo that ford has, and you can search streets in the nav while driving which is the best thing!

I'll post pics when I get a chance to install everything, still got my leveling kit to put in and finish my HID's
Are you going to start your own thread about the install Adam?

Old 07-30-2011, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by Franklindeez
Are you going to start your own thread about the install Adam?
Just finished the install, if anyone wants I could I guess,

Here is a Pic

Name:  DSC_0850.jpg
Views: 14569
Size:  113.3 KB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 F150 Adding Aftermarket NAV (Double Din)