"agree" screen on OEM '07 Nav?

Old 10-30-2008, 08:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"agree" screen on OEM '07 Nav?

Just bought an '07 with the nav and audiophile package...but every time I try to go to the map function it makes me touch "agree" on some screen. If I leave it in navi mode and turn the truck off, it makes me press "agree" again the next time i turn the truck on.

Isnt there some way to get rid of this?

Also just curious, can you watch DVDs in the OEM system? If so I assume there is no bypass for the only-watch-movies-when-in-park safeguard?

thanks!

Old 10-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Pressing the "Agree" button is a liability thing. I've seen the exact same thing on new Lexus and BMW's, every time you initiate the navigation. And no, you can't watch any **** dvd's on the 07 navi's.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:45 AM
haha

do aftermarket nav units have that same liability screen?

Old 10-30-2008, 08:52 AM
I'm not sure.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by slug420
haha

The Garmin 182C I have in my boat does so did the Garmin Emap Deluxe handheld unit I use to have. But the Magellan Roadmate 760 (Brandmotion) I have in my truck does not.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by slug420
haha

Yes, your question is one of the most asked on the forums

Old 11-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I would think that some of the older navigation units did not have the agree screen, but all the new units will have it. There is a big safety concern when using nav while driving. It's another thing to monitor, and you have to look close to pick out detail.

The Lexus navigation buttons go inactive when you start driving, but after market units don't know know the vehicle is in gear and moving. (hmmm, they do know they are moving though because they display your speed?)

I've seen aftermarket plans on eBay to make the Lexus OEM navigation buttons work when the vehicle is in motion, and to allow playing DVDs on the screen.

I don't see why there is not a passenger over ride botton so the person in the passenger seat cannot control the screen while the vehicle is in motion.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Even though the agree button is there - and yes it IS on almost all modern NAV units, OEM or aftermarket - most features are "locked out" while driving. For instance, the OEM Ford Nav units will lock out being able to enter an address when there is a speed pulse detected. Some aftermarket units that have built in gyros will also have functions that are locked out if motion is detected.

My issue with all of this is: if you have a passenger in the vehicle with you - they should be able to use the unit - if it is moving or not. Problem is most people will use it when they're not suppose to and crash!

Old 11-07-2008, 09:48 AM
The law reads that a TV screen cannot be in the view of the driver, even if the sensor that detects weight in the passenger deat to turn the air bag on and off was used to enable screen use during travel, there is nothing blocking the driver's view. I know that is the case in RVs that had TVs in them long before Nav units in cars and trucks, but I guess the only acception is the moving map and vehicle diagnstics from the factory that were legally allowed by the proper regulatory agencies.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by yetti96
The law reads that a TV screen cannot be in the view of the driver, even if the sensor that detects weight in the passenger deat to turn the air bag on and off was used to enable screen use during travel, there is nothing blocking the driver's view. I know that is the case in RVs that had TVs in them long before Nav units in cars and trucks, but I guess the only acception is the moving map and vehicle diagnstics from the factory that were legally allowed by the proper regulatory agencies.
The Nav screen is always in view of the driver if it's in the dash. I believe the thought process here is: the driver shouldn't be using his/her hands on the stereo / nav while driving.

I know that my OEM Nav unit in my '07 uses the speed pulse signal to lock out the nav. features. As soon as I come to a stop the input fileds are allowed again. I tried removing the wire from the radio harness, but it adversely affected the vehicle position on the map.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "agree" screen on OEM '07 Nav?