how well does the bluetooth accessory work?

Old 01-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how well does the bluetooth accessory work?

the talk hands free deal?

anyone got it?

Old 01-10-2005, 10:54 PM
I didn't know one was available. Could you post more info on it? Was it a Ford option or a dealer option?

Old 01-11-2005, 08:09 AM
I’m not sure how the Ford version works, but I can say that the Acura version that my wife has in here TL is great. It really is a convent and safe idea. I’m not sure if you are familiar with the concept but it basically works with a Bluetooth compatible phone that is sinked up with the car’s system (odiously). Once you have done this as long as the phone is on and within a radius of the vehicle the car will recognize a call, display the number on the dash and turn down the volume on the radio. If you choose to answer it you simply say “answer” or you push a talk button that is on the steering wheel. Once you have answered the phone you just talk out loud and the caller is transmitted through the stereo system. You can also choose to answer the phone itself if you choose.
I had no idea this was offered with Ford’s but I am definitely interested in installing it.

Eric

Old 01-11-2005, 10:37 AM
You've got "Smelliphone" then !?

(I presume you meant obviously and not odiously !!)

Old 01-11-2005, 10:36 PM
I've got the Mobile-Ease and realy like it. It is not as 'high tech' as the Acura system, however. When answering a call, the stereo mutes as the call comes in, and you push a button on the Mobile-Ease module (shown in my gallery). When making a call. you push a button and either say 'dial' and then the phone number, or say 'call' and then a name that you have programmed in. Clarity on both ends is very good. $325 installed.

Old 01-12-2005, 12:15 PM
What phone do you use with it? I've got a Motorola V600 with Cingular Wireless and I've had difficulty programming "voice dial" names into it. I assume that the Mobilease system works through voice dial entries in your phone? Or do you program it separately?

If you say "dial" and then start saying numbers, will it dial for you? It is similar to Onstar in CM vehicles?

I've been very interested in having this installed. I've talked to Ford dealer, and could have them install whatever model they use for $650, or can get "Car Toys" here in Houston to do it for $300. Thanks!

Old 01-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by KR Houston
What phone do you use with it? I've got a Motorola V600 with Cingular Wireless and I've had difficulty programming "voice dial" names into it. I assume that the Mobilease system works through voice dial entries in your phone? Or do you program it separately?

If you say "dial" and then start saying numbers, will it dial for you? It is similar to Onstar in CM vehicles?

I've been very interested in having this installed. I've talked to Ford dealer, and could have them install whatever model they use for $650, or can get "Car Toys" here in Houston to do it for $300. Thanks!
I have an LG PM325 Sprint phone.

MobilEase will do voice dials thru your phone and you can also program Mobile-Ease (which is what I did).

Yes, it does dial for you after you tell it the number. Not sure how onstar works so I can't compare. You say 'dial' then she asks for the number, she will then repeat it back to you. You then either say 'clear' or dial - depending on if she heard the number right. If you say 'call' she asks for a name that you have programmed in.

Mine was $325 installed for the entire system and installation, which sounded to cheap, but thats what the stereo place charged me for the Mobile-Ease (Ford) system.

Old 01-13-2005, 03:12 PM
I just bought one of the Motorola systems to put in my truck. I've got the Motorola V710, and I love my Bluetooth headset, but it would be much more convenient once I get this thing installed. Too bad they don't make the accessory add-on for the 2001's.

Old 01-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Moved to Multi-Media...

Old 01-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Well I got the Motorola Bluetooth Car Kit installed in my KR this weekend. Haven't been disappointed yet. It does all I thought it would do. I paid $219.00 for the kit and $60.00 for install, so with tax it was around $300. I mounted the kit on the side of the center console, so it's barely visible, yet still very accessible. I'll try to post some pictures later if anyone is interested.

Old 01-17-2005, 11:36 AM
Does the Motorola kit operate through the eixisting truck speakers, and mute the radio when placing or receiving a call? That price sure beats the Ford version.

Old 01-17-2005, 05:28 PM
The Motorola unit does operate through the speakers. However, unless I'm doing something wrong, it does not mute the radio. I never play my radio very loudly, so I've been able to hear the phone ringing through the speakers at the same time as the music. I imagine though, if you had the stereo blasting, that the ringing would be just as loud, since it comes through the speakers.

Old 01-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Thanks KR Houston,

This afternoon I stopped by my cellular provider, Alltel, and they had not even heard about a bluetooth car kit. Do you happen to have a model number? I may try to track one down on the net.

Old 01-18-2005, 10:15 AM
Horseman....

A lot places aren't selling it yet, but here is a link:

http://commerce.motorola.com/cgi-bin...38596&type=All

You've got to have a Bluetooth capable phone of course, but other than that, get the kit installed and you should be good to go. The guys at CarToys told me that Motorola makes one of the better kits, and so does Parrot. I decided to go with Motorola because I have a Motorola phone, so I figured compatibility would be better. Though every kit claims to be compatible with every Bluetooth equipped phone. So who knows.

Old 01-27-2005, 01:04 AM
Why not buy a Chevy with OnStar????

Not me but the wife has it and loves it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how well does the bluetooth accessory work?