Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA

Northern VA info request

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Northern VA info request

I'm looking to move to the Leesburg area in the near future. I've been up there a few times and extended work assignments, but I've always returned home no later than the end of December/beginning of January. I currently drive a peg leg truck and am looking to replace it. I will still be driving a truck, but am concerned about the snow/ice up there. The few times I saw it snow it only stuck around for a day or two and the roads were cleared fairly quickly (mostly through melt). The information I'm looking for is how is the weather between January and around April. I appreciate any information you can give.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Insight on the Leesburg weather

I lived out there for a few years, back in 96-00.
You won't have any problem with the roads in the Leesburg area.
They do a decent job keeping all of the main routes clear and you have easy access to Rt 7. Rt 15 and the toll road. All of which are very well maintained.
This area tends to get a little more in the way of snow compared to Manassas/Fairfax. But any real amount of snow, over 6-8" and everything shuts down. Schools/local and fed govt.
It is hit or miss on the amounts, but every 5-8 years we get a alot of snow.
We had 29" here in Manassas from one storm but that is not the norm.
I liked Leesburg. It is a nice area and the people were nice. And they have made huge improvements in route 7 for increased traffic.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:20 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I used to live in Va and found the taxes were insane compared the SE US where I had been living. Make SURE that you know the true and complete costs of living there before moving. I made a lot more money in Va but the taxes more than offset that.

Quick Reply: Northern VA info request