Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA

VA doesn't like Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 04:53 AM
MDK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VA doesn't like Mods?

I'm currently in Afghanistan for the next 6 months but I'm stationed at Langley AFB (hampton/newport news) and have been for 6 months and in this time I wasn't looking for much on my 05 4.2l since I already had a 97 with the same engine. The Wife just got a new 5.4l though so I started browsing around looking for exhaust installers since I made my own on my 97 and 05 but I have no welder or a place to do it. I was also looking for GOOD audio places for advanced custom installs but found little ghetto places, blah! Exhuast shops were over priced and none of them even had the pipe to do it. I even had one guy tell me doing true duals was illegal, what a joke
The only place I know to score some parts is J&J Performance and I know of a lift place in Virgnia beach but I have no interest in a lift. I'm from TX so I'm used to turning the corner and finding an exhaust shop who charges a $100 for a complete flowmaster setup. I want someone who can do cams, turbo installs, supercharger installs, SPL/SQL style audio installs and exhaust without thinking it cost $300 to install, hell it's bad enough companies want to charge $500 for a SI/SO system. Idiots! Can anybody in the VA area help with this or does VA just suck for customizing vehicles? I don't mind paying the money if it's worth it but I don't like being ripped off.

Last edited by MDK; 12-07-2008 at 04:56 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:16 AM
if you know the area there is a new 4x4 shop down on j Clyde where j clyde turns in to 17, its on the left hand side I forgot what the name in but it used to be a meineke shop. there will be a bunch of lifted trucks and a big yellow sign. I will try to find the name and let you know. they were only going to charge me like a 120 for a flowmaster and install.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:31 AM
MDK
Rock on! That's what I'm talking about some cheap exhuast mods. Yeah if you could find the name I would appreciate it. I'm pretty sure I know where J Clyde is but it will have to wait till I get back from overseas. Thanks again.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Hey man I found the name of the shop. Its call off road innovations. My truck is there now getting front and rear gears 4.56, master install kits, and a auburn high performance posi installed for $2100. I think I am getting a pretty good deal. I am replacing the stock posi cause I broke it. RETURN SAFE!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 07:28 AM
Try:

Rick's Car Care
Norfolk, VA

Old 12-30-2008, 07:15 AM
brake king did my exaust for 80 bucks,including the 3ft piece of pipe to accomadate my super cab long bed, as fars as cams and tunes and stuff, check out Rocket Performance, across from production drive on the northbound side of 17, he's a mustang guy from way back but sure as hell knows his way around a 4.6/5.4...

Old 12-30-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm a Ford master tech and do side work at my house in Poquoson, right around the corner from Langley. I have welders, plasma cutter, etc right here and could do some of the work you're talking about. Oh, did I mention there's a 9000 pound lift in my garage? If you let me know the work you want, I could do some of it for you. Thanks for your service.

Robbie

Old 01-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Call Kilmarnock Auto Clinic 804-435-3542. Little bit of a hike - they're by Kilmarnock and Whitestone out by the bay but they do good work.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:36 PM
for all your tuning and moter work look up DTP, dyno tuned performance near sulfulk (sp) they have tuned my cars and will be tuning my truck. and i live in nc and it is worth the trip

Old 01-23-2009, 05:09 AM
MDK
Sorry for the late response, got hit with a suicide bomber about a week ago which you could read about on CNN or BBC in the area of Kabul. The last few days it's been constant mortar attacks and just got done with my 67th convoy! Trying to hit the 100 mark but needless to say it's real crazy working 15-16hr shifts and traveling around to places hours away, blah! Good times though.

I've been talking with DTP and ETA. Currently DTP is going to install 4.10 gears, LSD, Custom Dyno tune and a Mac Diff cover. ETA is going to do my leveling kit that I wanted to bring the rear of the truck down so I've set up and got quotes for all of that for my 05, now all I need to do is make it back up in the next 3 months.

Bigbronc that's really good to hear you have all that, I might just being coming to you for an exhuast install on the 08, oh yeah! I'm trying to do true dual but the wife wants the Roush side exit exhaust before the rear tire. Looks good with the slash cut tips but I'm think true dual with x-pipe so hopefully you can help me out with the measurements and what not.

One more thing though, I'm getting new rim/tires after DTP and ETA do all their stuff but I want to paint the calipers before the rims get thrown on. I've seen that the dupli-color is widely used but I didn't like any of the colors they have and my 05 is the True Blue color scheme. I would really like to get them powder coated so does anyone know where I can get that done? Thanks for all the sweet info, 3 months and counting!

Old 01-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by MDK
Sorry for the late response, got hit with a suicide bomber about a week ago which you could read about on CNN or BBC in the area of Kabul. The last few days it's been constant mortar attacks and just got done with my 67th convoy! Trying to hit the 100 mark but needless to say it's real crazy working 15-16hr shifts and traveling around to places hours away, blah! Good times though.

I've been talking with DTP and ETA. Currently DTP is going to install 4.10 gears, LSD, Custom Dyno tune and a Mac Diff cover. ETA is going to do my leveling kit that I wanted to bring the rear of the truck down so I've set up and got quotes for all of that for my 05, now all I need to do is make it back up in the next 3 months.

Bigbronc that's really good to hear you have all that, I might just being coming to you for an exhuast install on the 08, oh yeah! I'm trying to do true dual but the wife wants the Roush side exit exhaust before the rear tire. Looks good with the slash cut tips but I'm think true dual with x-pipe so hopefully you can help me out with the measurements and what not.

One more thing though, I'm getting new rim/tires after DTP and ETA do all their stuff but I want to paint the calipers before the rims get thrown on. I've seen that the dupli-color is widely used but I didn't like any of the colors they have and my 05 is the True Blue color scheme. I would really like to get them powder coated so does anyone know where I can get that done? Thanks for all the sweet info, 3 months and counting!
http://www.precision-powder-coat.com/

Old 01-27-2009, 07:58 AM
MDK
Thanks for the info. I asked them how much to powder coat wheels and he said $75 a wheel. No idea what it will look like so I'm doing more research.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:30 AM
Originally Posted by MDK
Thanks for the info. I asked them how much to powder coat wheels and he said $75 a wheel. No idea what it will look like so I'm doing more research.
I've heard that Precision does good work.

Quick Reply: VA doesn't like Mods?