Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA

Help needed in Northern VA

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help needed in Northern VA

I've been deployed to Iraq for a few months now and have been able to save up quite a bit of cash so now I'd like to have my girlfriend to get sme work done to my truck before I get back. She lives in Dumfries. I'm looking at finding some good places to get te following work done: front windows tinted, remote starter installed, leveling kit installed (minimum), 33" or 35" tires and new rims, nav system (probably magellan's dash nav), iPod adapter, etc... things like that. Oh ya, i have a 2004 F150 screw FX4 (new style).

Jerry

Old 06-17-2008, 01:48 AM
lol man i could do everything but the window-tint if she brings it down to me.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:42 PM
La Tint and Trick Trucks should about cover it

Old 06-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the offer, but Hampton is a two hour drive from Dumfries. Not sure she would go for that.

Originally Posted by Speed-Racer
lol man i could do everything but the window-tint if she brings it down to me.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks, now I just have to figure outr where they are located and get her to get some of the work done. I'm used to doing most work on my own, but being deployed kind of limits that. I just want to ensure she gets the work done at a reputable place and doesn't get ripped off because she's a women.

Originally Posted by CRF250rider1000

Old 06-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Now that may be hard. Tell her to open carry in there and maybe they will take her more seriously Remember OC is legal in Va Anyways it is always hard to not get stiffed with auto work. The tint show is the same charge for pretty much all of their customer base. Trick Trucks has high prices and I have never gotten anything done there because I do everything myself. I have heard good things about them, but if you can find somewhere else that is cheaper I would try to. Maybe try and find a mechanic that is a friend and wants some extra $$$ on the side you know. That would be my suggestion.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by abnpacrat
Originally Posted by CRF250rider1000
Thanks, now I just have to figure outr where they are located and get her to get some of the work done. I'm used to doing most work on my own, but being deployed kind of limits that. I just want to ensure she gets the work done at a reputable place and doesn't get ripped off because she's a women.
In front of the mall, off Smoketown road, in the shopping center across from the Silver Diner.

For the remote starter, I've had MAS (Matt) do mine on both my F150s. His shop in in the Build America plaza off Rt1, on the right just before you get to Optiz Blvd. If you want it done right go see him. I've had no luck using anyone else. I do NOT recommend Safe and Sound or Myer Emco. I had both of them install a remote starter on my Bonneville's and I've had to go back several times. Matt's price was a little higher and I was trying to save a couple dollars but I found it was not worth the hassle.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:17 AM

I highly recommend Pro Trucks in Fredericksburg. They are not far from Dumfries. Here's a link to their site:

http://www.protrucks.biz/

Old 02-22-2009, 06:25 AM
Just made it back from Iraq (safely) and will be back in Northern VA today. Thanks for all the advise. I'll post some pics as I start the mods on my truck. Figured I'd start with exhaust, leveling kit, and rims/tires. Everything else can be done bit by bit.

BTW, does anyone know of any F-150 "get togethers" aorund the area? I'd like the opportunity to see many other trucks before jumping off the deep end with mods.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by abnpacrat
Just made it back from Iraq (safely) and will be back in Northern VA today.

thank you for your service. did you ever get the things done? i found a guy on craigslist that work(not sure for how long) at circuit city. he did my remote start on my lightning. great job & didnt take that long. really good price too. i can get you info if your still looking for that.

as for get togethers, i think once the weather gets warmer it may be more common. there were talks of it before, but nothing came out of it.

on a side note, the 1st test & tune of the season is going to be going on at capital raceway on sunday, march 1st. im trying to see if i can get off work to bring my lightning out.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by ebxgsxr
thank you for your service. did you ever get the things done? i found a guy on craigslist that work(not sure for how long) at circuit city. he did my remote start on my lightning. great job & didnt take that long. really good price too. i can get you info if your still looking for that.

as for get togethers, i think once the weather gets warmer it may be more common. there were talks of it before, but nothing came out of it.

on a side note, the 1st test & tune of the season is going to be going on at capital raceway on sunday, march 1st. im trying to see if i can get off work to bring my lightning out.
I held off getting anything done until I returned. Today I ordered a leveling kit and a Flowmaster dual exhaust from eBay. I'm trying to figure out what wheel and tire combo to go with. I know I want 33" tires, but when it comes to everything else I'm unsure.

I'd gladly take the info in the guy who installed your remote starter. Is there a website for the Capital raceway?

Old 02-26-2009, 03:37 PM
http://www.capitolraceway.com/capito...s_schedule.htm

ends up they are calling for a 50% chance of rain/snow showers. so im not going to go this sunday. but im definitely in next sunday that there is no rain in the forecast.

ill get that info for you & pm you.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:22 PM
abnpacrat, you have an email through the site.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by ebxgsxr
abnpacrat, you have an email through the site.
Thanks for the email. Do I need to contact him before I buy the remote starter?

Old 02-28-2009, 03:14 PM
yes, definitely contact him. since he is (not sure for how long) working at circuit city, he can only install DEI systems (viper, valet, etc). but he did mine, he supplied the unit & all. really cool guy.

Quick Reply: Help needed in Northern VA