Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA

Roanoke, VA Here I come!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roanoke, VA Here I come!

Greetings Virginians!

My wife and I have been pursuing jobs in the Va area for a few months now and after all of the cities we have visited it looks as though Roanoke will be the place to be.

My wife will be working in Rocky Mount at the local hospital there and I am hoping to get on with the City FD soon.

We will be moving down in the first week of July, and since we are both new to the area, will most likely be renting at first. I really dont think there are any "bad" areas down there, like with crime and what not. My wife and I were looking for a neighborhood with homes that are "secluded" but not too far away from city life. We have looked at Rocky Mount, Boones Mill and Wirtz. Although we are kid-free now, we plan on having a family in the next few years, so a good school district is important to us.

So, any ideas on where to live, and fun things to do in the area are always welcome. We are both big outdoors people and enjoy live music as well, I think we will be quite pleased with the area.

Thanks in advance, maybe I can hook up with you guys fro abeer sometime, I'll buy!!!

best regards,

pgh_medic

Old 04-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Roanoke is a nice area been there a few times on vacation going along the Blue ridge Parkway or just passing through it on my way back home or elses where along I-81 on many of vactions over the years. I too hope to be moving to the area or where ever else I can get a job in VA if the money is right.

Quick Reply: Roanoke, VA Here I come!