Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA

Exhaust in Hampton Roads

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust in Hampton Roads

Hey, was just wondering if anyone has found an exhaust place in Hampton Roads that will install an exhaust system at a reasonable price. I am looking at either a Magnaflo or Banks dual out system. I went to Pungo Off Road and the want $850 for a Magnaflo installed or $250 to install a system I bring to them. A little to expensive for my taste.
I have an Airaid intake system on the way for my 2004 1/2 S-Crew so if I can get an exhaust I think I will be well on my way.

Thanks for any innput.

Troy

Old 02-13-2007, 11:10 PM

I think Brake King in Newport News quoted me like 350 to 450 for a flowmaster dual exhuast cat back system. I ended up going to Mizer in Hampton. I got a performance exhaust called an Xlerator, sounded nice, not too loud just a nice rumble for 250 to 300. I got the 4in chrome tips on it. Ive had it over two years.

Old 02-14-2007, 01:17 AM
I asked around at several shops (midas, meineke, brake king, big al's) when I was looking for catback exhaust a couple years ago. Most said they could build me a system with aluminized steel pipe and flowmasters with chrome tips, and charge anywhere from $250 to $400. Nobody would quote me on a full stainless catback. Some said they would install a catback I supplied for $150 - $300.

I ordered a magnaflow SIDO from performance peddler for around $400 and installed it myself in about 2-1/2 hours, taking my sweet time, (including a run to Lowes to buy a reciprocating saw that I had been wanting anyway).

Hand tools and aforementioned saw (to chop old system behind the muffler) was all it took, and I had some quality time under my truck.

If you are mechanically inclined at all, I'd say give the self-install a whirl.

If you wanna wait till warmer weather, I'll help ya.

Old 02-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks Hawk, that sounds like a deal. I am probably going to order a Banks Monster Dual if I can find the web page again. I found one for aroun 460 which isn't too bad........Thank you income tax return. I will let you know when I get it. Maybe I can figure out how to take a video/sound clip and post it. I have a buddy who works at Bay Chevrolet as a body tech so may see if he can weld it up for me. I put a gibson on my 1500 when I had it so I know I can do it, just a matter of getting out there to do it.

Old 02-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Try Proficient Performance for a Banks kit...

Proficient Performance Banks Monster Exhaust System for Ford F150

They have free shipping with their products and reasonable prices. I purchased a Banks kit for my '05 Ram 1500 and had a local muffler shop weld it in. I want to say it was Big Al's Muffler shop off of Independence.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Seems a lot of places 'around town' wanna charge ya an arm and leg for the parts and/or installation...I was looking for a Magnaflow setup and peeps were telling me 400-500+...ended up getting a buddy of mine in Indiana to do some calling around out around his town and I had it done when I was there last year... $352 installed for the SIDO stainless

Quick Reply: Exhaust in Hampton Roads