Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA

Tidewater VA

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow this forum is moving. No snappy, there isnt much up in Northern VA at all, Sherm may have a few more in Maryland, but I think his options are limited too. I know if you push your way up towards Frederick or Sharpsburg MD you can get into some stuff, but to find trails is pretty much a lot of driving around and looking.
The best bet for us is still George Washington National Forest Dry River District, which is a little over an hour south of NoVa. Again though you are going to be driving around looking for trails, then walking them first to make sure you can fit down them.
I have been wheeling down at Lake Gaston since I have a house down there. Lots of time to look around for trails and then pushpin them on the GPS so I can get back to them. Most are short hunting/fishing routes but a good time none the less. Plus 5 short trails equal one long one right? Best bet is find the power line trails and dig them deep (if jeeps havent already).

Old 03-01-2005, 09:24 AM
Sherm, there is a car show here in DC this weekend at the convention center. Not much in the way of trucks though.

Old 03-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Hey eddy, are the power line trails legal or are they no trespassing kinds of things. Just curious because I've seen a couple of good looking ones on the sides of the B/W parkway and thought I give them a try if I could find out how to get to them.

Old 03-02-2005, 08:55 AM
All powerline trails are technically illegal I think, but in most areas they go completely unmonitored and typically used by hunters, atvs, etc. That is assuming there are no signs. I dont go anywhere with no tespassing signs. Most are unmarked and the absolute worst you could expect is an officer asking you to vacate the area (in your case I wouldnt worry too much about that).
I do it all the time and never have had any problems. I havent found ANY in this area though. There area lot out off Braddock road on the Virginia side of 495, but they are all closed down and very commonly used by moutain bikers.

Old 03-04-2005, 12:44 AM
P-Town here too.
There arent too many places around here, did find an old logging road the other night.....lots of fun. My folks love in New Market Md. (about 20 minutes from frederick md) and there are plenty of places around there to go get dirty if you want. I would tell you to go to their farm, but my hunting roads and loggin roads are way too overgrown to drive anything down right now. Also, when I left there last summer the rutts were so deep from my freinds playing, if you arent on at least 38s your bottomed out and stuck in the first 25 feet. There are nice trails (a little rocky, hard on tires, but fun) on route 550 just outside of Libertytown. I will give yall better directions if you want. Anyone heading to the outer banks anytime soon? I am really wanting to go back with some full size trucks.......tired of pulling these damn jeeps out all day!!!!!!!!

Bitchin

Adam

Old 03-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Of course it counts! I apologize for my abscence, been busy lately. I've driven by Clifton FOrger before I think. I've taken 64W to Kentucky a few times and I've IL twice. LOOOOONG drive! LOL

Originally posted by CruisinKen
I'm from the other end of the state on I-64 but I married a Virginia Beach girl - Does that count?

Old 03-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Va Beach!

Old 03-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by KP SCAB
Va Beach!
I work off of Baxter Rd.

Old 03-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by KP SCAB
Va Beach!
Somebody's got some money (or can't eat because of his car payments).

Hailing from Yorktown here. I will post pics as soon as my new Putco Patriot Grill gets delivered. Can't wait!

Old 03-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Yorktown?

OK, Route 17 is mine.
You can have all the other major thoroughfares.

Old 03-15-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Raoul
Yorktown?

OK, Route 17 is mine.
To many lights! 134 is mine!! Just wait and listen for my FLowmasters as I pass you!

Old 03-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Yorktown?

OK, Route 17 is mine.
Effin RTE 17. Beautiful drive, as long as you have cruise control. Got busted for doing 69 mph in a 555 in Middlesex county. No chit. Had to drive to Saluda to go to court from Norfolk early one morning.

ETA: Not all of VA Beach is stupidly expensive, just most of it. LOL

Old 03-15-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by PONY_DRIVER
Effin RTE 17. Beautiful drive, as long as you have cruise control. Got busted for doing 69 mph in a 555 in Middlesex county. No chit. Had to drive to Saluda to go to court from Norfolk early one morning.
U ever been on the Hampton Road Center Parkway near Harpesville? It is 45mph. I was going almost 70 before I noticed that it was 45! I was like, oh ****, glad there wasn't a cop here! 45 is WAY too slow!!

I think the most green lights in a row on 17 was like 5. WAY TOO MANY LIGHTS!!!!! I drove from NN to the North-South Carolina border on 17. Very nice drive in the middle of the night. SOme of the towns are like ghost towns at night. Completely empty!

Old 03-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
The both of you are sounding like you're 'comeheres'.

Old 03-15-2005, 01:06 PM
The both of you are sounding like you're 'comeheres'.
Sorry, what is a 'comeheres?'

Quick Reply: Tidewater VA