Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

Cold air intake

Old 11-26-2014, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cold air intake

Hello.
I was curious if anyone had installed a cold air intake on their Blackwood.
I noticed as it is getting colder that my truck runs much better when it is cold out. I am getting better feul mileage. There is a partial dead cylinder but its hardly noticeable, kinda like a slight shake to the idle but feels like a reg truck idle if that makes any sense.
My mpg has increased 1.5 mpg with cold weather and cylinder even seems to run better so I am thinking that a cold air intake would benefit the truck.
I have a SCT tuner so changing the parameters isnt an issue. I know I dont want to take away from the aspect of the stock truck look.

if you had changed to cold air intake, do you have the name of the kit you used as I know I searched and hadnt found any specifiacally for Blackwood.

Thanks

Old 11-26-2014, 02:54 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Lincolnmm78
Hello.
I was curious if anyone had installed a cold air intake on their Blackwood.
I noticed as it is getting colder that my truck runs much better when it is cold out. I am getting better feul mileage. There is a partial dead cylinder but its hardly noticeable, kinda like a slight shake to the idle but feels like a reg truck idle if that makes any sense.
My mpg has increased 1.5 mpg with cold weather and cylinder even seems to run better so I am thinking that a cold air intake would benefit the truck.
I have a SCT tuner so changing the parameters isnt an issue. I know I dont want to take away from the aspect of the stock truck look.

if you had changed to cold air intake, do you have the name of the kit you used as I know I searched and hadnt found any specifiacally for Blackwood.

Thanks
Hi.

You already have a 'cold air intake' - the OEM factory stock unit.

Nothing you can add will provide any colder air (indeed a lot of them actually elevate IAT's), and nothing you can add will add any performance, as the stock unit already outflows a stock engine's needs.

If an aftermarket unit impacts yer MAF's transfer function, you cannot 'adjust parameters' yerself - you need a custom tune written with a new, Corrected MAF TF embedded, specifically describing that intake.

Lastly - you may introduce unwanted drone, intake noise or other unexpected effects.

Save yer money. All you will accomplish here is lightening yer wallet, for zero gain.

Last edited by MGDfan; 11-26-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ I second all of that. And then absolutely save the money you'd have put towards an intake and put it towards the motor fund. I'd be more concerned about a damaged cylinder than anything else.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cold air intake