Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

How Many Blackwood owners are still here?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I JUST picked one up Friday (2 days ago) 44k miles when I picked it up. Digging around for performance parts etc now.

Just performed some basic maintenance, oil change, fluids, tire rotation and balance. Truck needs brakes done, doubt they've been touched.

Any popular mods, upgrades?

Thanks!

Old 06-04-2015, 10:20 PM
new owner

I just got mine in trade tonight. It's got 163K miles and a few things need fixing but it's a neat truck.
My only big concern, that I didn't see when I agreed to the trade, is that some genius drilled a big hole into the floor of the bed at some point to run subwoofer wiring. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix or plug this? They cut right through the carpeting too ..

Old 06-22-2015, 01:12 PM
I have had my Blackwood since July 2013 and love it! However, my air suspension went out, I have already replaced the compressor and it did not fix it. I am considering a conversion from the air ride to a coil and spring system, has anyone else tried this?

Old 06-29-2015, 09:25 AM
My compressor is shot as well. Waiting on another. I don't tow anything these days so am running with just spring and shocks which works well except for sharp bumps. I had to replace the rear end right after I bought it so installed heavy duty bilstein shocks too. What brand of step bars are the ones on your blackwood. Sort of like the ones I have been looking for. Thanks

Old 06-30-2015, 12:53 PM
Hi, I had the same issue and just shut off the rear air suspension. My issue was a sensor failure, not the compressor. The compressor over inflated the system and the rear end was pushed up by 12 inches.
BW SN: 1110

Old 06-30-2015, 01:04 PM
Need Help

Hi,

I just had my tonneau fail to lock closed, it keeps popping up like it is overloaded.

I pulled the fuse so I could drive home. The doors open light remains on.

Can you give me any advice?

Old 06-30-2015, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by gtmopat1
My compressor is shot as well. Waiting on another. I don't tow anything these days so am running with just spring and shocks which works well except for sharp bumps. I had to replace the rear end right after I bought it so installed heavy duty bilstein shocks too. What brand of step bars are the ones on your blackwood. Sort of like the ones I have been looking for. Thanks

What kind of springs and shocks are you using? I can't find a conversion kit so it was going to use a shock with built in spring. If that doesn't work I was going to replace the mono spring and air bag with a leaf spring from a 2003 f250 super duty and see if that would work. I have called Strutmasters and they no longer make a conversion kit. Monroe had one but now I can't find it available on their website. I have been through 2 compressors. I am also research a solution through Summit, I will update ya'll if I find out anything.
Then next thing I have to figure out is why my tonneau stopped working. I have lights inside the bed but it will not raise or lower from the fob or the inside buttons. Replaced fuses. I had another Blackwood owner tell me he had the same problem with the tonneau and he replaced the button inside (near the sunroof) and it fixed his.
I have Westin step bars and love them. Easy to clean and you don't slip when getting in and out in the rain.

Thanks for your post. =)

Old 06-30-2015, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by NPCheavyweight
I JUST picked one up Friday (2 days ago) 44k miles when I picked it up. Digging around for performance parts etc now.

Just performed some basic maintenance, oil change, fluids, tire rotation and balance. Truck needs brakes done, doubt they've been touched.

Any popular mods, upgrades?

Thanks!
Congrats on your new BW!!! Sounds like you got a great one with low miles. As far as mods, I am looking at adding a touch screen with rear view camera, navigation and other built in toys. I haven't had a chance yet but I would like to add a mobile hot spot in it, connect a flat screen TV for the back seat passengers, that would connect to my Dish TV. Also thinking remote start. Good luck - post pics!!

Old 06-30-2015, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by yugo26
Hi, I had the same issue and just shut off the rear air suspension. My issue was a sensor failure, not the compressor. The compressor over inflated the system and the rear end was pushed up by 12 inches.
Humm. I replaced 2 compressors, never had it over inflate, so I think I have a leak in a bag or a line. The compressors would run until eventual death. How do you shut off the air suspension?

Old 06-30-2015, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by yugo26
Hi,

I just had my tonneau fail to lock closed, it keeps popping up like it is overloaded.

It sounds like either the latch or some obstruction in the way preventing it from closing. Will it manually open and close? If so I would try checking the fuses first, then resetting the computer system and see if that helps. With the hundreds of hours of BW research, this is one I have not heard of. Good luck and keep us posted. =)

Old 06-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by UrbanLegend711
I just got mine in trade tonight. It's got 163K miles and a few things need fixing but it's a neat truck.
My only big concern, that I didn't see when I agreed to the trade, is that some genius drilled a big hole into the floor of the bed at some point to run subwoofer wiring. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix or plug this? They cut right through the carpeting too ..
Congrats on the BW. I would take it to a body shop and see if they can recommend somthing. Or go to a large parts store and see if they have material to fix the metal. As far as the carpet - gosh I don't know. Guess it depends on where the hole is? Send us a picture and let's see if we can figure this out.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:32 AM
I've put a few miles on my truck so far and am very happy with it. It already had a touchscreen pioneer head unit, upgraded door speakers with hidden amplifier, Black and machined 18" Helo wheels with Kumho tires and window tint.

Today I replaced the front brakes (pads, rotors, inner and outer bearings and grease seals). Also replaced fuel filter bc starting the truck was taking either 2 attempts to crank or a long 3-4 second crank to turn over. Doesn't seem the filter fixed that issue, it's hit or miss with a 1st time crank.

Overall, I love the truck. I'm at 49k miles and feel some more maintenance items are coming soon. Flushing fluids will probably be next.

Do you guys recommend anything else? Or are there any common issues I may be able to handle before they become an issue?

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-07-2015, 06:11 PM
Get some WD 40 and spray the mechanism, both latch and the catch. I had this happen on and old Mk 8 once. During rainy weather, it would constantly lock/unlock the doors. A little spray in door latch fixed it. Same thing happened on my BW. One rainy morning it would not stay closed. The same trick worked. There is some electronic connection that isn't made and causes the cover to open. Good luck.

Old 07-07-2015, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE=yugo26;5156153]Hi,

BW SN: 1110[/QUOTE

Get some WD 40 and spray the mechanism, both latch and the catch. I had this happen on and old Mk 8 once. During rainy weather, it would constantly lock/unlock the doors. A little spray in door latch fixed it. Same thing happened on my BW. One rainy morning it would not stay closed. The same trick worked. There is some electronic connection that isn't made and causes the cover to open. Good luck.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:01 PM
only bagged Blackwood in existence

Only one like it in the world.... bagged and heres the kicker..i drive it EVERY Day..shes not couped up in storage or in some guys collection..i daily her.. take her to shows all over and enjoy her as much as i can...mileage 139+

Quick Reply: How Many Blackwood owners are still here?