Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

How Many Blackwood owners are still here?

Old 09-13-2014, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neon lights in bed quit working...

Anyone's neon bed lights quite working? The dome light under the tonneau lid is very dim and the tonneau works fine with fob and console buttons. Any ideas?

Old 09-15-2014, 01:06 PM
SN: 1110 Update

15Sep2014

Hello All,

I have not updated on SN: 1110 for a while.

I am the second owner. I purchased my Blackwood in April 2010 with 16,000 mi on it.

In July 2010 I went on a 18,000 drive around the US until December. We left vic Tacoma, WA to UT then south to Del Rio, TX. From TX we drove along the Gulf Coast to Bradenton FL. From FL we drove to Heber Springs, AR, up the Shenandoah Valley to Bechtelsville PA. Departing PA we drove to Leavenworth, KS then back to home.

Under warranty, I replaced the AC system in El Paso TX and the front suspension in PA. The FOMOCO dealer service is terrific. I changed my oil and rotated tires on schedule. I even saw one other westbound Blackwood on the interstate in WY and ID. Never got to talk.

When I got home I sent an oil sample for analysis to Blackstone. I received a report that the engine looks like it had about 7,500 miles wear on it when it really had 38,500.

Throughout the trip it was a primo ride and turned a lot of heads. At almost every fill-up I was approached by someone saying, “I did not know Lincoln made a truck.” Then I had to demonstrate the automatic cover. Due to advice on this website I do not do hat any more. I still have the original modules and it works like new.

The Blackwood really glides at 80-85mph for hours at a time in the Western states. Passing at these speeds in the mountains is a snap.

I had Best Buy install a satellite radio because I was driving through stations so fast. They put the outside antenna near the windshield post on the driver’s side and the tuner in the larger holder in the center console. The control unit is detachable so I move it to other cars and into a home unit as necessary. Therefore, we only pay for one connection and are not paying for unused time. This was an excellent addition for long road trips.

At the end of August 2014, I drove my Blackwood to the LeMay Foundation Auto Show and Auction. There were over 7,000 cars on site. I had folks approach me in the parking lot, we talked about the Blackwood and they told me they spent more time with my Blackwood than the cars that were actually part of the show and auction. The more we do this, it will increase demand and our resale value.

I am on another road trip right now. From WA to OK to KS back to WA. Still a smooth ride just like my first experience. Oh, 86,000 miles on the odo. Even at the cost of fuel this was the right vehicle to drive on this trip.

Happy drives! Hope to see you on the road.

Ray

Old 09-16-2014, 10:45 AM
New Blackwood Owner

I just purchased my Blackwood last Saturday and it just turned 15,000 miles on my way home with it. I am a semi-retired Ford dealer. My dealership is in upstate New York and I now live in southwest Virginia.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:00 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by suain
I just purchased my Blackwood last Saturday and it just turned 15,000 miles on my way home with it. I am a semi-retired Ford dealer. My dealership is in upstate New York and I now live in southwest Virginia.
get a picture posted as soon as you can.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:51 AM
I just purchased a Blackwood in Statesville, NC. I live just outside Martinsville, VA. This Blackwood turned 15,000 miles on the way home last Saturday.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:19 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just purchased a Blackwood in Statesville, NC. I live just outside Martinsville, VA. This Blackwood turned 15,000 miles on the way home last Saturday.
Congrats, suain! Post a pic when you get a chance so we can check it out.

Nick

Old 10-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Blackwood in AZ 125,000 miles - Need Parts

I bought my Lincoln Blackwood in 2012 from the original Owner. At that time it had 80,000 miles and is now at 125,000. Love the truck.

Prior to purchasing, I had the original Owner replace the tonneau cover module. Has worked fine ever since.

I've replaced the rear air bag shocks. Expensive but found them.

Exterior paint has "crows-feet" especially on the driver's side. I was told it was a factory defect. Does anyone know if that was the case?

Issues I've had are primarily interior trim and sunroof related. Currently looking for:

• Sunroof repair kit which I think I found at: http://www.sunroofdoctor.com/9703expedition.htm

• Driver's side interior door pull. I've been told I need to try to find the entire door panel. Does anyone know if this is true?

• Cigarette lighter and power port dash trim is cracked and needs to be replaced. Still looking for OEM part but it appears to have been discontinued.

• Floor console rear a/c vents. I think they may be the same as the '02 Explorer but trying to confirm.

Other than those items, the truck is in great shape and runs like a champ. Just trying to keep it that way.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:56 PM
I have uploaded three photos to an album "My Blackwood".

Old 11-11-2014, 06:23 PM
I love mine and now I have to sale it...or trade it for a diesel 1 ton....and I hate it...because there is no truck out there i would rather have than my BLACKWOOD

Old 01-06-2015, 01:29 PM
Unhappy Bad News For Me & All Blackwood Owners

Blackwood #1110- 90K Mi

December 22, 2014, my right air suspension sensor failed. This is a Blackwood unique part.

I went to the Lincoln Dealership where I routinely get serviced for the repair.

After much research for the Blackwood unique part, the Parts' Manager told me that Ford/Lincoln OBSOLETED all Blackwood unique parts on 1 December 2014.

He expects that parts will reappear in 3-4 months on reseller who purchase obsolete parts websites.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:38 PM
Thumbs up newbie here

Love my fully bagged 6 link blackwood!!! Trying to find performance parts is a headache..considering swapping motor and trans with lightening...

Old 01-12-2015, 09:40 PM
Where in southwest area...I am east Tennessee next to border

Old 01-30-2015, 04:00 AM
Spares

Hi all had my Lincoln Blackwood for 3 months now and loved it. We just had a Gypsy ram us in the front and he has no insurance GGgrrr. Just wondered if anyone knows where I can get all the front panels to repair it. I need Hood, fenders, bumper, lights, front panel and passenger side inner fender. Hope someone can help, Tony. My email is tony@mhdgroupltd.co.uk

Old 03-11-2015, 03:29 PM
Hey there...... anyone interest in buying my blackwood.

My daughter is going to start driving this year!!!! - Don't worry we are in Montana... It shouldn't affect many of you. I need another car so in the interest of the pocket book I thought I would see what I could get out of my ......2002 Blackwood Niemen Marcus edition. 57000 original miles. It is in great condition. I have the COA and all the extra goodies that came with it - never open or used... like a Cashmere lincoln symbol stamped blanket, a sterling silver shaving kit, and something else. I cant remember. Anyway let me know if you are interested

lots more pictures available on request.

Old 03-11-2015, 03:32 PM

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How Many Blackwood owners are still here?