Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

How Many Blackwood owners are still here?

Old 06-25-2012, 04:53 PM
ftd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will work on getting some photos posted. I messed around with all the fuses associated with the cover. A miracle happened...cover started working and has been fine since Saturday!!

Frank

Old 06-25-2012, 05:06 PM
ftd
Photos

Check out my album:

Orlando Blackwood

Old 10-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Hello fellow woodies..... I got about 145k on mine... my airbags has never worked since I bought it... I want to restore and customize it.. anyone that has any clues about the air ride or being able to switch the front clips... I want to put a 03/04 front clip on it... BUT i love my wood....

Old 10-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by icunn4ed
Hello fellow woodies..... I got about 145k on mine... my airbags has never worked since I bought it... I want to restore and customize it.. anyone that has any clues about the air ride or being able to switch the front clips... I want to put a 03/04 front clip on it... BUT i love my wood....
icunn4ed, I have flowmasters on my Blackwood. Plan on adding either 22" American Racing torq thrust wheels or Boss Wheels. These wheels look sort of like old school Crager SS wheels only larger. What size aftermarket wheel would you ad to the Blackwood? I cant stand the factory wheels. Lincoln should have done a beter job on wheels. They should of used the Ford Harley wheels IMO.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Mine has approximately 115,000 miles on it. I've owned it since 53,000 miles. It's been excellent with no mechancial failures. It had a module replaced before I got and it just now went out on me. I've been dreading it ever since I bought it. But not bad considering its age and mileage. I just wished there was a manual release inside the cab somewhere. What a stupid design to have to get under the bed to release it. Southern Illinois 85 miles southeast of St. Louis MO.

Last edited by John Reeder; 04-03-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Still have mine. I have 215,000 miles on it. Replaced a whole bunch of stuff on it this year and now the timing change broke and a valve went bad as a result. I don't want to put anymore money into it so I'm going to sell it as is. I'll post an ad on here shortly. Blue Book says it was worth $7,500 in the condition it was in before engine went. Anyone interested?

Old 01-04-2013, 12:26 AM
4 pages and not a single blackwood picture was posted

Old 04-03-2013, 12:15 AM
I bought mine several years ago & have 90,700 miles currently. Problem-free EXCEPT for failed tonneau cover and keypad. Great truck; still turns heads; does well in the Wisconsin winters; uses no oil; had a remote starter unit installed in February. I'd be curious to know how many B'Woods are still running, nationwide. jd

Old 04-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Need Parts!!!

Hey Fellas

I have an 02 Lincoln Blackwood with 76k miles on it. Love this truck! However, I have a few small pieces (all cosmetic) that I need and am having heck of a time finding them. Maybe you fellow Blackwood owners could point me in the right direction?

Passenger side rear door chrome piece
Interior dash trim piece around the clock
Interior dash time piece around axillary port

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 04-08-2013, 07:49 AM
HI there,

I attended a group event where we all watched an eclipse last year. During that event someone went by and took the mirror cover off my BW. I was most unhappy. It also took me months to locate a replace me. It also took me a while to find some other interior parts.

However, if you contact you local Ford dealer and get a nice person, they can locate it for you. I initially called the Lincoln Dealer, but that guy wasn't too interested in doing his job. The local Ford parts guy was great, however, gave me locations and phone numbers of other Ford dealers who showed it in stock. I called them directly.

Tony

Old 04-08-2013, 07:53 AM
A fantasic Vehicle

HI all,

I have had my BW for about year and a half. In that time, I have only seen three others. So I tell everyone that seeing a BW is like seeing a Unicorn. As folks have said earlier, it is a very attractive vehicle that gets lots of attention. I am especially amazed that I get lots of comments from women (does me no good, however).

Tony
ABQ, NM

Old 04-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by acannon07
Hey Fellas

I have an 02 Lincoln Blackwood with 76k miles on it. Love this truck! However, I have a few small pieces (all cosmetic) that I need and am having heck of a time finding them. Maybe you fellow Blackwood owners could point me in the right direction?

Passenger side rear door chrome piece
Interior dash trim piece around the clock
Interior dash time piece around axillary port

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Remember the 02 Navigator's dashboard is very much like the Blackwood's. I also needed the trim piece around the clock (clock actually mounts in this piece) and could not score one at the dealership until the parts guy changed the search to an 02 Navigator, there it was! Same piece...but available in only tan or cobalt gray (no black). (Approx $20) For some reason one color was cheaper than the other, so I ordered the cheaper of the two. Sanded it with some very light grit paper and painted it black using a Krylon paint for plastic (satin black). It's been in the dash for 2 years now and still looks great. Note - When the trim piece arrived it actually had a new clock in the bag with it! Was I surprised. Yes, I installed the new clock too. I would think the trim piece around the auxiliary power outlet would be the same too.

Although the rear door chrome trim piece appears to be the same on a Navigator, it might be a bit longer as the Nav has the extra 1/4 window glass in its door. Take some measurements and compare them. You might be able to trim it to fit.

Good luck and welcome to the Blackwood Forum!

Bob R.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Sn: 1110

Eatonville, WA, 7/22/2013; 66,000 mi.
Purchased in 2010 w/ 16,000 mi. Then D R O V E... Great truck.

Last month's oil analysis comment: "Engine shows wear of 5.500 miles."

In last 3 mo I drove from WA to KS, then wife drove back to WA. Then WA to Vancouver, CDN, Victoria, CDN, and home with 3 PAX.

In all my travels have seen very few Blackwoods on road. I like the unicorn comment. Fueling takes a while as conversations begin with "I did not know Lincoln made a truck." the next comment is usually, "It's a 2002?!!!"

There are more living Blue Whales than Blackwoods ever produced. Tschüß

Ray

Old 08-18-2013, 10:17 PM
Hello All
Bought my BW yesterday 8-16-2013. 232K miles with a 140K mile navigator engine in it. Still looks good, drives pretty good, although it does need a new differential. Really like it and look forward to many miles on it. Really like the forum here and all the info. Thanks
Pat

Old 10-27-2013, 11:11 PM
Question Just bought our Blackwood Today

We just bought ours today. Some may think we are nuts because it has 183k miles, but anyone would be able to see, whoever owned it previously, loved it dearly. Paid $7800.00. Were we crazy????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How Many Blackwood owners are still here?